Hi my name is Lacey

Options
Hi my name is Lacey. I am from Wisconsin. I have an amazing husband of 3 years. Together we have a 2 year old little princess, Emily. We found out on 8/3/2010 that we are expecting our second child somewhere around April. We started getting healthier on July 10th (not knowing I was pregnant). My husband has lost 15lbs, I have managed 21lbs. I have spoken with my mid-wife and I have to keep my heart-rate below 140. In April I quit smoking after I found out I have two tumors and my mom died all in three weeks. My life needed a change. I need all the motivation I can get. So please if anyone has anything that might be encouraging, bring it on! I look forward to speaking with you all through this life style change.

Replies

• Skinman
    Skinman Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome Lacey. Great job on losing 21 lbs already. It sounds like you have made some great but challenging life style changes. Hang in there; I know it only gets better one day at a time. Whenever I feel down I scan the forums and always find inspiration. And if your 2 year old is anything like mine, keeping active is a bit easier. I wish you all the best on your pregnancy.
  • DebraCha
    Options
    If you start having healthy habits while your children are so young, they will end up having healthier habits. That is priceless. I am trying just now that my children are in their teens. It makes me sad to see them have the unhealthy habits I have modeled for them. What you do is what they learn. Think about every thing you do in the context of if you would want them to do it. When you make consistently good choices it makes their lives better too.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Lacey! Great job quitting smoking and making a life-style change. Good Luck!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. We will take it one day at a time and we will do it together. I have only been since Monday and ALREADY feel connected. There is strength in numbers and if you are a woman of Faith, I encourage to trust in a God that knows your past and holds your future with GOOD things in store for you and your family. One day at a time. Wendy
  • lharrington2
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I hope I can stick to this. You would never believe I was a cheerleader in high-school.