addicted to peanut butter

Options
I am addicted to peanut butter in the way that many are addicted to chocolate...help! I eat it multiple times per day and there are very few low-calorie/fat options to it! Does anyone know of any peanut-butter flavored healthy snacks? Something to munch on daily.....?? I even try to buy the healthiest, worst tasting kinds and I still love it...

Replies

• mlck2323
    mlck2323 Posts: 87
    Options
    I am addicted to peanut butter in the way that many are addicted to chocolate...help! I eat it multiple times per day and there are very few low-calorie/fat options to it! Does anyone know of any peanut-butter flavored healthy snacks? Something to munch on daily.....?? I even try to buy the healthiest, worst tasting kinds and I still love it...
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    It's not peanut butter, but nutty and I love it.

It's a bar made by "enjoy life" called Sunbutter Crunch. Gluten and major allergen free, available at health food stores.

I also switch "butters" using almond butter or (delicious!) hazelnut butters. Just something to vary your intake.:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    There's some kind of PB that is powdered that you order and mix as you go that is supposed to be low-cal. I've not tried it but some on here swear by it.

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Nature's Path Organic Peanut Butter bars are wonderful! And organic. I get them in the "organic/health/Central Market-ish" section at HEB, but I'm sure they are available at other places too...

One bar is 160 calories, 5 grams of fat, 25 carbs, and 4 grams of protein...not too bad for a PB fix...
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried peanut butter crackers? I eat Austin which come 4 to a pack and that is 140 cals, but Lance makes a 6 pack that is 180 cals.
    I like crunchy peanut butter myself!:love:
  • ambertimmons21
    ambertimmons21 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I love better n peanut butter. I too am addicted to pb. I love the stuff. It has 50 calories and 2 grams of fat.
  • mlck2323
    Options
    thanks!!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I am personally not a fan of the better n' peanut butter *if you like it that is great!* I paid $5.76 for a jar of it at the local Shaw's supermarket and I think it tastes NOTHING like real peanut butter. Give it a try though if ya want to, lots of people swear by it!
  • mlck2323
    Options
    haha i went ahead and ordered two jars online--one regular and one low-sodium...and then read your post. but im pretty open and not too picky so I think it should be okay. I hope so! ps--keep up the no smoking thats so great!
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    I am addicted too. I mix it with Cool Whip..mmm
  • mlck2323
    Options
    hahaha that is not helping me.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Quaker oats makes a 90 calorie peanut butter granola snack bar! They also have a 100 calorie peanut butter chocolate chip granola bar.

:smile:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Hi, my name is Debbie and I am a peanut butter addict.

I ordered the PB2 from bell plantation and have found it a pretty good substitute, but not "the same" as good old JIf......still, when I just need a little fix, it serves the purpose and often keeps me from falling off the wagon! :ohwell:
  • mlck2323
    Options
    thanks i went to that site too and plan on trying it next!! I'm in college and decided I can only spend so much money ordering pb substitutes online.....
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
  • mlck2323
    Options
    thanks that did make me think. and feel better about my pb habits..
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Have you tries the peanutbutter Fiber One bars? They are very tasty!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i too am a PB addict--i like the fiber one pb bars give them a shot
  • Tiradora
    Tiradora Posts: 14
    Options
    I am not a big fan of peanut butter, but the Nutter Butter 100 cal bars are hella tasty!
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm sitting here reading all the posts about PB.. thinking.. I'm just not really into it.... Until I heard about mixing it with whip cream.. lmao.. Now, I'm wanting to try it.. lol ** Self-Control in action **

.. ooh, and I haven't had nutter butters in years!! :love: