How do I tell people they smell?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Op: Hey
    Person that stinks: Oh hey , how are you?
    Op: You really stink take a fkn bath you animal

:) easy
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    She mentioned maybe because this young lady is Indian and they all smell bad, to which I reply one of my coworkers is Indian and works out with me and she doesn't smell bad. I'm sorry if my questions offend anyone but it is a bit frustrating that it prevented me from completing my workout :(

We all sweat, but that was beyond sweat.
    the racial comment aside (repeating stupidity like "*THEY* all smell"? really?), you treat this like a grown up - go to the instructor or director and say "there are some people in the room who have really strong body odor. This is beyond "natural sweat". Could you please send out reminders to people to shower/change clothing/use deoderant before classes?"

It may not work. in that case - just move to a nother side of the room .
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Talk to a member of staff and have them tell her she needs to watch her hygiene before partaking in the next class.
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7ktkmEJoq1rsenceo1_500.gif
    One thousand years dungeon!!

Unacceptable!
  • Dr_Waffles
    Dr_Waffles Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Try this before your next class. Put some vick vapo rub on your upper lip. You wont smell a thing for days. Enjoy and you're welcome.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    She mentioned maybe because this young lady is Indian and they all smell bad, to which I reply one of my coworkers is Indian and works out with me and she doesn't smell bad.

I feel like this part doesn't need to be here.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

its racist. most people would feel that way, except.. well other racists.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    She mentioned maybe because this young lady is Indian and they all smell bad, to which I reply one of my coworkers is Indian and works out with me and she doesn't smell bad. I'm sorry if my questions offend anyone but it is a bit frustrating that it prevented me from completing my workout :(

We all sweat, but that was beyond sweat.
    the racial comment aside (repeating stupidity like "*THEY* all smell"? really?), you treat this like a grown up - go to the instructor or director and say "there are some people in the room who have really strong body odor. This is beyond "natural sweat". Could you please send out reminders to people to shower/change clothing/use deoderant before classes?"

It may not work. in that case - just move to a nother side of the room .

^^^ this

and the fact that it could be due to a medical issue.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Not all Indian people smell. I do like and eat curry as well. I've worked out with them before, si that's not the case

Right. So just SOME of them smell, purely because they are from India.
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    Just keep smelling it, don't worry it will vanish before you finish your workout. :wink:
    But seriously, ignore it and just focus on whatever you should be doing.
    Mind over matter? :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I've worked with several Indian people. While they sometimes smell of strong spices, they rarely have body odor.

And I happen to like curry, so no problem.

Not all Indian people smell. I do like and eat curry as well. I've worked out with them before, si that's not the case
    So you counteract one racist comment by adding your own racist viewpoint in the mix.
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    yeah.... you don't. lol
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Try this before your next class. Put some vick vapo rub on your upper lip. You wont smell a thing for days. Enjoy and you're welcome.

LOL - great answer. Are you a coroner?
  • Sarah_L_S
    Sarah_L_S Posts: 121
    Options
    Interested to see what people suggest. There is a smelly man in my pump class. None of us want to have the bench next to him, and he is known to everyone as 'smelly guy'. It's sad, but I don't want to be the one to tell him.
  • Vmax1992
    Vmax1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mind your own business, I am sure you smell as well after a work out. Are we talking about smell here or the strength of the smell that you are personally deciding is out of hand. Move to another spot in the room? Remember....if the answer could offend you, then maybe you should think twice about asking the question.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    30852408.jpg
This discussion has been closed.