dmlove128 Posts: 57 Member
a HEALTHY food obsession of course :-)
mine is.......GREEK YOGURT...I can eat it with almost anything I love it lol

Whats you're favorite healthy food?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Right now it's asparagus season where I live and have added them to my morning frittata. Fiddleheads a few weeks ago, fresh from the forest near me, sauteed in garlic and butter.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    a HEALTHY food obsession of course :-)
    mine is.......GREEK YOGURT...I can eat it with almost anything I love it lol

Whats you're favorite healthy food?

Mine is Quorn, I eat it all the time.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with chia seeds, cinnamon, made with milk with either pear or apple chunks. (And eating it right now!)
  • gogoboobzilla
    gogoboobzilla Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'd never had frozen bananas until recently and I really like them!
    I also love spinach, it's my favorite salad green and I love it on sandwiches.
  • haaaleyx
    haaaleyx Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Healthy; Mangos :love:
    Unhealthy: parmesan bites,garlic knots. Anything like that, ahah.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Right now it's asparagus season where I live and have added them to my morning frittata. Fiddleheads a few weeks ago, fresh from the forest near me, sauteed in garlic and butter.

Me Too!! I live in NH, and my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) has the most beautiful asparagus- so sweet it can be eaten raw. Love, love, love it! Fiddleheads are gorgeous as well :)
  • Candice_Says
    Candice_Says Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with chia seeds, cinnamon, made with milk with either pear or apple chunks. (And eating it right now!)

Ditto, sub in almond milk and banana. HEAVEN.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    onions
  • lre224
    lre224 Posts: 83
    Options
    Mine also is Greek yogurt....Fage 0% plain
  • Candice_Says
    Options
    I recently went through a very shameful period of an unholy addiction to the Whole Foods salad bar (healthier items, of course... that hot bar is PURE EVIL). I was a broke law school student and even the sticker price could not stop me from going once a week. It's amazing how much you can smush down into that little cardboard box.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    ribeye3.png
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Carrots. Some weeks I'll eat a 2 lb bag of em. So versatile and yummy.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Edamame....always edamame...can't get enough.
    And recently tomatoes with some mozz and basil and a slight tiniest of a drizzle of EVOO.
    YUMMM
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I recently went through a very shameful period of an unholy addiction to the Whole Foods salad bar (healthier items, of course... that hot bar is PURE EVIL). I was a broke law school student and even the sticker price could not stop me from going once a week. It's amazing how much you can smush down into that little cardboard box.

Haha. Current law student, and I have a whole foods a few blocks away. I get the smallest box and compress my salad down into it. When I dump it out onto a plate at home it piles up and covers the whole plate. Those are like the Noah's ark of salad containers!
  • mjoshua87
    mjoshua87 Posts: 50
    Options
    Mine is spagetti squash !!! I love pasta and once theres sauce on it it all taste the same to me ;)
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Broccoli with grilled steak. Prefer the taste when I use the non-stick skillet with butter nonstick spray, granulated garlic and salt.. gives it a very buttery taste. However, I usually steam it with granulated garlic and salt because I don't trust the nonstick butter spray that much. It's a great meal to eat out. Outback Steakhouse and Applebee's both have dinner deals for about $10 a plate where you can get a piece of steak (about 6oz), and 2 sides. You can get both sides as veggies. Outback uses oil on their veggies, but according to their online calorie chart they aren't that bad either. But, that is an amazing meal.
  • Candice_Says
    Options

Haha. Current law student, and I have a whole foods a few blocks away. I get the smallest box and compress my salad down into it. When I dump it out onto a plate at home it piles up and covers the whole plate. Those are like the Noah's ark of salad containers!

It's the raw garlicky kale, man. Does it to me every time.

PS. Law school blows and I somehow managed to gain a ton of weight. Most miserable 3 years of my life! lol good luck!
  • dmlove128
    dmlove128 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wow all is very yummy! Making me hungry! Especially to the steak lol
  • ButYouGotMySoul
    ButYouGotMySoul Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup brown cow cream top plain yogurt
    1 cup fruit

Mix and leave it in the fridge overnight. Microwave it for about a minute and a half in the morning. SUPER yum. Sometimes I add a bit of white sugar to it to make it a bit sweeter, depending on the kind of fruit I've put into it.