Healthy High Calorie Food

Options
DarkLuca
DarkLuca Posts: 58 Member
Hey guys, I know I've been asking a lot of questions sorry..
But, Some people say I need to eat 2500 calories a day.
But I don't know any healthy food that give that much of calories
Can you give advice of some food that have total 2500 calorie low fat low carb??
Thanks

Replies

• DarkLuca
    Options
    Bump
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I know I've been asking a lot of questions sorry..
    But, Some people say I need to eat 2500 calories a day.
    But I don't know any healthy food that give that much of calories
    Can you give advice of some food that have total 2500 calorie low fat low carb??
    Thanks
    Why low fat and low carb?
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    I don't know, Are they good for you?
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Gotta go high fat if you don't want to be eating buckets of food. Nuts and olive oil. You can easily put 500 or more calories of nuts or olive oil into your diet and not even notice it. A little olive oil on your lunch and dinner. A few handfuls of nuts here and there. Done.

And yes, fat is good for you. A diet up to 30% fat is actually great for you. Do a little research on healthy fats and unhealthy fats so you know the difference, and include plenty of healthy fats (typically non animal fats) in your diet.
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    Okay, Thanks.
  • MadisonLeo
    MadisonLeo Posts: 89
    Options
    Avocads are also high in GOOD fat and high calorie. Very good to eat.

Dried fruits are also great for fiber and high calorie.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    I don't know, Are they good for you?
    Yes, fats are necessary. Carbs aren't necessary but you don't have to cut them out.
  • jaly92
    jaly92 Posts: 91
    Options
    Fats are an essential part of your diet to help your daily bodily functions, trying to cut back on them is one of the biggest dieting mistakes. Carbs should make up a part of a healthy diet as they're your bodies primary energy source unless there's a specific reason you're cutting back on them, meals should feature some kind of carb preferably wholegrain ie wholegrain pasta, rice, potato etc!

Eat full-fat products as opposed to low-fat, eat a whole egg instead of just egg white etc. Some ideas for increasing your cal intake:

Olive oil
    Nuts
    Seeds/Pulses/Legumes/Beans
    Banana (easy extra 100cal/day!)
    Coconut
    Avocado
    Eggs
    Dried Fruit
    Fruit juices/smoothies (though fruit is better as it contains the natural fibre!)
    Quinoa
    Full-fat dairy
    A small piece of dark choc with a high cocoa percentage
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    That's kind of a hard question to answer and you may want to evaluate the only low fat, low carb as part of the equation as frankly it'll lead you to lean protein sources such as chicken, turkey and white fish/seafood. Just an example, 2,500 calories of say Haddock is 26 3 oz servings. This would net you 26g of fat, 0 carbs and 552g protein. You'll be sick of it by noon time.

Whole grain carbs (quinoa, brown rice, lentils/beans) and good fats (olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, all natural peanut butter (and other nut butters), nuts, etc.) are all very healthy things for you. For example, a tablespoon of Olive Oil is 120 Calories with 14g of good fat. The fact is that you body needs Carbs, Fats, and Protein along with their nutrients they provide.

MFP sets Carbs and 55% as default and personally I don't do well with that. If you go back through your Goals and use the Custom Settings to find the right balance that works for you. 40% Carbs/40% Protein/20% Fat or 30% Carbs/40% Protein/30% Fat or 40% Carbs/30% Protein/30% Fat are example ratios that are pretty common. I flip around every month of so from 40%/40%/20% and 30%/50%/20%.

Hope that helps a little.
  • DarkLuca
    Options
    Does Peanut Butter have good fat or bad?
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I see you're a teenager. Unless you have health issues, don't worry about low fat or even low carb. Just work on your calorie goal and try to make your food choices as healthy as possible. Here are some healthy higher calorie foods. Most of them are not low fat:

Peanut butter and other nut butters.
    Nuts in general
    Olive oil (for cooking or in salad dressings)
    Eggs
    Full fat (or low fat, if you prefer) yogurt, especially Greek yogurt
    Any meat. Leaner meats (like chicken breast or 90-95% lean ground beef) will still get you plenty of calories.
    Cheese.
    Milk.
    Ice cream. I have a small dish of this at the end of the day if I have the calories to spare.
    Avocados.
    Sweet potatoes and other root vegetables.
    Beans.

ETA: Don't worry about the fat in peanut butter. It's good for you.
    default Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    skinless chicken breast
    salmon
    tuna
    quoina
    brown rice

buffalo
    venison
    turkey
    tilapia
    sweet potato

etc...
  • BeantownSooner
    Options

Good. Get the All Natural stuff as there is no added sugar or hydrogenated oil.

One thing I use very often is 2 slices of whole grain wheat bread, 2 Tbsp of all natural peanut butter, 1 Tbsp of all-fruit spread (like jelly but all natural). Depending on the bread you choose that is ~400 - 500 calories right there. Great snack!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Avocado...nothing better!
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Good fat is your friend-don't skimp on it :)

Some of my favorite ways to get in calories:

-cook eggs and veggies in butter or olive oil
    -Full fat Greek yogurt (made with whole milk). I buy the plain kind-one serving has 190 calories. Then I add honey (60c) and a sliced banana (100ish c).
    -handful of almonds with a square or two of dark chocolate
    -steak-I eat this several times a week, cooked in butter with veggies and mushrooms
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    hey alseff :)

I see that you are looking to lose weight. did you do a calculation which takes into account your current weight, your activity levels and how much you have to lose? I think that would assist in determining your daily calory intake.

once you have that sorted out, then look at your actual diet. How much are you currently consuming and are you struggling to consume alot of food?

It's probably better to space out your meals rather than eat a few high calorie items. others have given good suggestins, i'd add rice to that. Yes it is carb but its a good carb and is high calorie.

all the best!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    All fats except for trans fats are fine. Meat, eggs, dairy, nuts, seeds, oils, etc. are all fine.
  • aidanbertie
    Options
    Hi, you have to divide something like below-

Breakfast 600
    Snack 200
    Lunch 600
    Snack 200
    Dinner 700
    Snack 200

Add some vegetables, milk products, snacks, fruits, juices, etc etc
  • aidanbertie
    Options
    Peanut butter is good for you in small amounts, It sounds like you are eating alot of peanut butter, I hope you are foregoing the bread and jam