Les Mills Combat

Options
Who here has done it? Or wants to do it? Thoughts? I really love the workout I've done with it but I'm worried about maybe getting bored with it?? Maybe some kind of hybrid would be good...

Replies

• jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I love it and don't find it boring but I love anything that's carefully choreographed to specific beats in music. So I get more bored in kickboxing than combat. And actually combat kind of is a hybrid in itself - of all the martial arts.
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm in my last few days of it and still enjoy it. However I am going to start a Les Mills Pump/Combat hybrid programme for 90 days. Pump is only 3 days a week so I can do Combat the other 3 days.
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love it! I have over 50 workout videos, several from beachbody, and this is my all time, absolute favorite program. I would say I'm intermediate level of fitness, and I'm sweating and breathing hard at the end. If you do the moves correctly and put your all into it, you'll definitely see results, but you must do the HIIT training along with the cardio. I only did the cardio DVDs, and although I was burning calories and toning up, definitely saw much quicker results when I added in the HiIT workouts on a regular basis. I'm not bored yet...I've been doing them for about 3 months and still love them. I love kickboxing/martial arts type workouts and this is definitely the best one I've found. I also love that you can "pump up the music" once you know the workout so I love that as well.

Best of luck!
  • meredithkrueger
    Options
    bump
  • spatticus
    spatticus Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    awesome! i just finished turbofire and there are more dvds with that so more different types of workouts so I was worried! Sounds like I wont get bored! I LOVE the combat kickstart, I've done it about 4 times now. Anyone starting soon, or ahem started yesterday like me??
  • ChetThaker
    ChetThaker Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Which version of Combat did you get? I bought the Ultimate Warrior version and it has quite a few different workouts so you never really get bored of doing the same ones as they mix things up a lot.
  • sianquin
    sianquin Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do this at the gym , i need the gym because i'm a flaker, i'd give up after 20mins where as in the gym it's a class so i have to do 55mins then a cool down or i'm thats person who can't stick at it and leaves half way threw. My gym changes the routine every 6 weeks to keep it all new and different. They do the same for pump aswell.
  • jlynn322
    jlynn322 Posts: 7
    Options
    LOVE this program!! I am a BODYCOMBAT instructor and have this program at home as well- both are outstanding! The Les Mills Combat program has a great combination of workouts- not just the MMA inspired portions, but a great balance to get you fit & healthy and feeling fierce!! I'd be happy to help answer any specific questions you have, too! (I'm also a BB Coach :) ) Good luck!!
  • jimmymiro12
    Options
    @spatticus to be honest I got bored fast with it. That is why I made hybrids with other programs because I knew I could not do that program on its own. I just did not see myself doing it for more than a week or two straight.

What about you?