Shorty needing friends

Options
I've been overweight pretty much my whole life. I'm 5' 2" at 157. I'm aiming for 130-135. I recently purchased a bike and I don't feel comfortable on it because of my weight. Its time for me to lose this weight.

Replies

• maryrosenavoa
    maryrosenavoa Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)
  • Hopingforchange
    Options
    I am 4'10 and about 135 trying to get back to about 120. Start with walking if the bike makes you uncomfortable. I feel too short for a bike. I recently started running and LOVE it. Feel free to add me.
  • posypink
    posypink Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a fellow smurf sized person :-) 4ft 10 and currently 141lb, aiming for 133lb :-)

You can do it!! xxx
  • MissLotte
    MissLotte Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and was, at my heaviest 209lbs but 198lbs when I started on MFP, now 171lbs and aiming for 125lbs. I have a bike too, I don't feel uncomfortable on it, although I haven't ridden it for nearly a year so will probably feel a lot more comfortable than I did. Mine just needs a service and then I will be taking it for a spin. Feel free to add me if you would like, same for all shorties out there! xx
  • SweetpeaHu
    SweetpeaHu Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"11. At my heaviest I was 135lbs. I'm now 121.5lbs. The first 5lbs were easy to shed off, but it took awhile for the rest to come off. Feel free to add me.
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting a bike, I absolutely love mine and I'm currently around 175 with a tremendous height of 5'1". Best of luck getting comfortable. You can do it! x
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently 170 pounds which is down from 185.My goal is to get to 110 but I've lost weight before and was happy with 120.I'm kinda waiting to get there and see if I want to go further.add me if you like :)
  • denny712
    denny712 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2". My highest weight was 207. I'm currently 154 and my goal is 130-135. I feel like my body will let me know when I'm done because I will just stop losing weight. Don't feel bad about getting on that bike! You are not too big to ride it and every time you get on it, you should feel a sense of accomplishment because you're doing something healthy to make yourself better!!!!
  • GinnieC100
    GinnieC100 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me too, 5'2". You will love your bike. We have become addicted to riding. I had to get a bike computer to see the distance covered, average speed and time moving. I am such a gadget person! I still have weight to lose, (about 40 lbs) working on it. You can add me as a friend too.
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    I want to hang out with all of you! You'll make me feel like a giant at 5'8"!
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    pretty tall here :P feel free to add me
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    e8959ccc-924a-4adf-bbd0-4ca91ff0fc35_zpse775d972.jpg
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 "3, working on losing 50lbs. My fiance and I plan on getting eachother bikes for our anniversary in July. I will add you as a friend. Anyone feel free to add me also.
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have short toes if that counts! Feel free to add me and anyone else as well... wish you the best!
  • Jliermann
    Jliermann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    im 5 3 and 174, i was 140-145 when i got married....i been married 2.5 yrs and i am working on getting back down to 140 :D good luck to you
  • fictionwriter1125
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and last week I was 153. I've not weighed again this week I've been on MFP for two weeks and appreciate more friends, especially other short people.
  • AmyRW1971
    AmyRW1971 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I could use a few more buddies!
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Fellow shorty.

5'3" Initial goal is a 30 pound and 6% body fat loss. I'm just over 1/2 way there.

Open diary, I eat lower carb (under 30%) and pretty much no wheat (cuz it hateses me.)

I also lift all the heavy things.

Anyone feel free to add me!!!
  • HAGO37
    HAGO37 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 6'4 does that mean I'm too tall to be apart of this blog? Haha. feel free to add me
  • gampsm824
    gampsm824 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, :smile:

I'm 5ft. 2in. I currently weigh 168 aiming for 125.
    Feel free to add me.