CLA Supplements?

Options
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there are any MFP users who are using/have used CLA supplements as a weight loss aid? I have heard that much like raspberry ketone, or green tea pills, CLA can help you lose fat and inches - especially around the mid-section. The reviews I've read on the net are pretty mixed though. I don't know who to believe!

I bought a couple of bottles but haven't opened them yet, as I was hoping to get some responses or advice from people who have actually used them, and experienced success or failure. If the majority of people say they're a waste of money, then I will return them and save my money!

Thanks!

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've never actually taken them. Personally I think the money is better spent on fresh fruits and veggies instead of a pill.

Pills don't work. A pill cannot make you lose fat. I personally would return them and spent the money on something better like fresh foods or something like a protein shake or a HRM r something else to help you along your journey that actually will work.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I use CLA during a cut and I honestly don't think it does much ... Its all about the Diet mam that's how u drop the inches :)
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Diet first

Fitness Second

Supplements Third

Set your priorities straight.

CLA user here - no significant difference.
  • bellina79
    bellina79 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the honesty. Obviously when you go to a nutrition or health food store they're going to say whatever they have to to get a sale, so that's why I'd like to confer with people who have actually used the product. It was pretty much an impulse purchase and I was already leaning towards returning them.

I am being very good with my diet, I work out for 60 mins with a trainer, 3-4 times a week (plus the cardio I do on my own), and I've lost 35 pounds in 6 months. I feel I'm doing pretty well considering (I also have hypothyroidism), but in these next 6 months I'm looking to really kick it up a few more notches. I thought a good supplement might be a good addition to my regime.
  • mich1902
    mich1902 Posts: 182
    Options
    I have just started using cla but Have used some before and I do find that the fat on my stomach does decrease but who is to say its down to the capsules? I do feel less bloated when taking them so i'll continue this tub which has 2 months worth and assess whether its worth getting more. They come back on me sometimes which I don't like.
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the honesty. Obviously when you go to a nutrition or health food store they're going to say whatever they have to to get a sale, so that's why I'd like to confer with people who have actually used the product. It was pretty much an impulse purchase and I was already leaning towards returning them.

I am being very good with my diet, I work out for 60 mins with a trainer, 3-4 times a week (plus the cardio I do on my own), and I've lost 35 pounds in 6 months. I feel I'm doing pretty well considering (I also have hypothyroidism), but in these next 6 months I'm looking to really kick it up a few more notches. I thought a good supplement might be a good addition to my regime.

In that case - trial it and see how you feel.
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    Try Ab Cuts Active for Women. I has CLA and other good ingredients and blocks cortisol. It is on the expensive side and I didn't see results til the second bottle. But if U stay with it, it'll work. Especially since U seem to be pretty active.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    CLA helps, but as with all suppliments only helps when you put the work in. Same with coconut oil. Caffiene etc. The diff will not be big. Maybe a 5 - 10 % advantage.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have been using a CLA supplement along with Fish oil. I havent lost any weight in the last 5 weeks but I noticed my tummy looked smaller, measured and sure enough, I have lost a half and inch off my belly button area. Ive only been using both the fish oil and then CLA for about a week and a half, and this is when I noticed my belly area. So it could be either of the supplements or the combo. I will continue to monitor my progress. All I know is before that I hadnt really noticed any changes. Good luck :wink:
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    CLA can help, but if and only if, you put the work in!!! Diet &exercise are the most important.. without those you could take every weight lose supplement and they won't help.
  • duqdevil44
    duqdevil44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just went back to incorporating CLA into my diet/excercise routine. A few years ago I was using it in conjunction with a reduced calorie diet and moderate exercise and it definitely did help in my "skin composition" AKA cellulite. This was mostly in my outer thigh area and on my backside, I didn't notice much on my stomach, but i do not have a large belly, my issues are with my lower body. But I found that prior to adding it into my other vitamins my legs were still "dimpled" looking even though I was doing cardio and lifting regularly. It definitely helped for me!

Last year, I tried using it again but was doing absolutely no diet or exercise whatsoever and it yielded no results.

As everyone stated here, it's not a magic pill, focus on your diet and exercise first!!! But try it out and see how it goes for you!
  • ashleysuperfly
    ashleysuperfly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started incorporating CLA and Green Coffee Bean into my daily diet and exercise. I actually lost 3 pounds the first week I started seriously taking them. However, I work out EVERY morning for at least 45 minutes and I eat only within my calories. I think on their own, they won't make a significant difference, but I think with diet and exercise, they do have benefits to help with weight loss. That's just my person experience. :-)