What music do you listen to when you workout?

Options

Replies

• moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Total teeny-bopper stuff that I wouldn't be caught dead listening to outside the gym without headphones. There may or may not be Miley Cyrus on my playlist. But I draw the line at Beiber.
  • Derry5
    Derry5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Inception - Undeniable
  • ding30180
    ding30180 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is funny. I'm a 46 year old white guy who clubbed it a bit in the 80's and 90's but am about as out of touch with music as any one can be. It's funny, becasue when I walk, I really like Dance/Techno/Electronic stuff - actually, I'm not even sure if that's the right term for the things that I listen to! LOL!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I know my partner listens to a lot of rock - Blink 182 and the like, anything with someone crashing around on some drums. I think I'm the weird one because I love this kind of music, but what really gets me going is really durrty RnB/HipHop! I think I feel cheeky listening to the lyrics whilst running?!
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Careless Whisper-George Michael
  • bjmarsh14
    bjmarsh14 Posts: 16
    Options
    When I do Cardio I have it on the Shakira Pandora station (booty shaking) haha, then I switch it to Hard Rock Strength Training to lift. (Plays stuff like Limp Bizkit, Trapt, 3 Days Grace, Linkin Park, Papa Roach) These 2 stations keep me pumped!
  • Cainster13
    Cainster13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Heres one of my playlists :)

Drum & Bass Arena Friction Dj Hype

PENDULUM,TARANTULA.DJ HYPE

Ready Or Not - Drum N Bass Remix

The Prodigy - Firestarter

The Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy Hey Girl

The Gorillaz-Feel Good Inc.

Benny Benassi Satisfaction

Mason vs. Princess Superstar - Perfect (Exceeder)

Alex Gaudino Feat. Christal Waters - Destination Calabria

Studio B - I See Girls

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo

Puff Daddy-Victory (ft. Notorious B.I.G & Busta Rhymes)

Kanye West Stronger

LL Cool J - Mama Said Knock You Out

Eminem feat. Nate Dogg - Till I Collapse

Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank

b.o.b- outkast

N.E.R.D. - She Wants To Move

Daft punk - Around the World (Radio Edit)

Iggy Azalea - Work (Explicit)

Nicki Minaj - Pound The Alarm (Explicit)

AZEALIA BANKS - 212 FT. LAZY JAY

Jennifer Lopez - Let's Get Loud

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Trick Daddy Lets go

Kelis Trick Me

Busta Rhymes feat. Sean Paul & Spliff Star_Make It Clap

Missy Elliott - Work It

Ciara featuring Missy Elliott - Work

Sean Paul Get Busy
  • kaylather
    kaylather Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Flo-rida.... pumps me up
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bad music. Pop. Rhianna, Britney, the works.
    Not too picky when I'm doing weights. Half the time I'll just put my iPod down because my workout pants don't have pockets (can we please stop designing those by the way?)

I download jog.fm on my iPhone - it's supposed to change music based on how fast you run. However I mostly do bike work now so it's useless for me but anyone here who runs that can testify? I found it had the problem of playing the same music again and agan
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    One of my favourite singers John Barrowman and his album Swings Cole Porter.
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I listen to mixes from the rock my run website. Those always get me going and keep me motivated through my runs.
  • lucyhemming31
    Options
    Rudimentals new album for when I'm doing weights and NIN, Pitchshifter and marilyn manson for when I'm on the treadmill.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration!

My workout playlist is just a speck of what it could be! I've got Crystal Castles, Rudimental, Ellie Goulding and Django Django on it at the moment (2 Rudimental songs and 1 of each of the others)... I need some help in compiling a kick *kitten* play list!
  • lucyhemming31
    Options
    Bumping for inspiration!

My workout playlist is just a speck of what it could be! I've got Crystal Castles, Rudimental, Ellie Goulding and Django Django on it at the moment (2 Rudimental songs and 1 of each of the others)... I need some help in compiling a kick *kitten* play list!

The rudimental album is great!! There are 5 tracks on there that I think work perfect in the gym. What about chase & status....they are pretty good??
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Air Supply :: I'm all outta love, I'm so lost without you< lol..................
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    My top current workout songs are:

Black Keys: Lonely Boy
    Smashmouth: Walking on the sun (I don't know why but It has a good cardio beat)
    Cage the Elephant: In one Ear
    Foster the People: Helena Beat
    He Is Legend: I am Hollywood
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Anything lively and upbeat. When I'm doing a particularly hard exercise and I feel like giving up, I listen to "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" it just fits with my mood.
  • dcr5452WECHANGED
    dcr5452WECHANGED Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Latin Jazz with some R & B mixed in.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I use the free Pandora app on my ipod. There are 30 sec or less commercials every few songs but it's free so I can't complain. You can pick a genera and skip songs you don't like. Pretty cool.
    I listen to a lot of pop since it's face paced. Maroon 5, Moves Like Jagger is my fave song at the moment.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Anything lively and upbeat. When I'm doing a particularly hard exercise and I feel like giving up, I listen to "What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger" it just fits with my mood.

One of my faves too!