Need pita and hummus recipes

Options
:ohwell:

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Bump :) I've yet to try hummus, so I'm curious to see what others have tried :)
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I just got a Magic Bullet Mixer and am making some hummus recipes this weekend. Friend request me, I'll let you know what I come up with! :heart:
  • Freckles3
    Options
    pita, hummus, roasted red peppers, sprouts, and some grilled chicken - yum. I either make my own hummus or get sabra (sooo... good)
  • EsmesMom
    Options
    I use 2 cans of garbanzo beans, some olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, parsley and a tablespoon of tahini all blended together. I add more of each ingredient until it tastes how I want it. If I buy it at the store I prefer Sabra brand too.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'll dig up some recipes for you a bit later in the day as time allows. I have a great recipe for Pita bread, so simple! Lots of hummus recipes already on MFP. Just do a search on 'hummus' you'll find a million & one. :tongue: All sorts of variations as well.:drinker:
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Yum, I bet homemade pita bread would be bomb. Staying tuned!
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    I use one can of garbanzo (chick peas) and one can of cannellini beans (which are a little sweeter and give a more paste-like texture when processed), both rinsed/drained and whizzed up in the food processor. I use at least a tablespoon of garlic paste (you can find this in the international foods isle of your market, usually in the Indian food section), lots of fresh ground black pepper, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and a little bit of sesame oil (either the regular or hot chili style) to taste. That's the base.

After that, what to mix with it to get other flavors is endless -- cooked and drained spinach, artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, basil, grilled zucchini or eggplant, etc.
  • paula7893
    Options
    Thank yall so much, sounds great, cant wit to try pita bread recipe...:love:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump so I can find you all again :):)