Hello! New to this site..

Options
Hello fellow weight-losers!

I'm new to this site, and it looks like it's quite fun to use!

One weight loss question I have is this, I've heard so many times about that lemon/cayenne pepper drink that you can make at home to help lose weight. Does anyone have a good recipe and does this drink actually work? Plus...are you still allowed to eat when you drink this? One site i looked at was vague and it looked like all you were supposed to do was drink this stuff.

Replies

• Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. i never heard of the drink, but it must be good because it's spicy.
  • DanitaM
    DanitaM Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I tried it once....I don't think you are suppossed to eat anything just drink.
  • MelWares
    Options
    my issue is.....I LOVE FOOD!! but, don't we all? Otherwise we wouldn't be here! LOL
  • melcakes
    melcakes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think the idea is that spicey stuff will decrease your appeite. Try some spicey salsa and baked chips instead or have you ever tried the hot mix with the diffrent veggies? (Located by the pickles) I eat this kinda stuff between meals and it really help knock out hunger! Good Luck!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    From Wikipedia...

The Master Cleanse, also known as the Lemon Cleanse and the Maple Syrup Diet, is a liquid diet created by alternative medicine performer Stanley Burroughs in 1941, and promoted by Peter Glickman in the 1990s. Burroughs described it as a "detoxification program" and weight loss diet that aids in the removal of allegedly harmful, nonspecific toxins, as well as a cure for ulcers and a general panacea.[1][2] There is no scientific evidence that it removes any "toxins", or that this diet achieves anything beyond temporary weight loss. Though unlikely to be harmful over the short term, it can be harmful over the long term.
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Melcakes - have you ever tried the pickled okra? it is spicy and cool at the same time................just wonderfully crunchy.............mmmm
  • MelWares
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of real-spicy, but can tolerate some mild spicy. If spicy stuff will help, then I'll increase the spicyness.