I screwed up! UGH!

Options

Replies

• MRMCCRACKEN
    Options
    Litehouse. Their Caesar and Thousand Island are both great. I don't like French so I haven't tried it, but I think their quality is outstanding. Try it, you'll like it. LOL.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Renee's salad dressings (in the cooler usually by the pre bagged salads). They use more natural stuff and don't have preservatives. I have really liked most of the ones I have tried. They are not low cal but at least they are real and not all chemicals. If you want low cal you're gonna have to switch over to viniagarette dressings.
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Tried any of the Newman's Own stuff? They are usually pretty good about leaving out strange preservatives & colorings, and still tastes good to me!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I either use small amounts of Hidden Valley Light or Bolthouse.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Litehouse - it is sold at Albertson's in my city. I love the Jalapeno Ranch - I just don't use a whole lot. I too would rather have a good dressing and just use a little than a nasty fat free one.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    I really like Bolthouse Ranch Yogurt dressing. You buy it in the refrigerated section of the produce. It's 45 cals for 2 TBS and yummy!

This! The Honey Mustard by Bolthouse is also really good!
  • russlynne
    russlynne Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I make the same salad dressing my father used to make in Nice, France.

Are you willing to share the recipe??
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Reene's Cucumber and Dill...it's dairy free but still thick and tastes amazing.
  • russlynne
    russlynne Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I typically use the Good Seasons Italian dressing mix and use olive oil instead of veg or canola oil. just let it sit out to religuify and use (Olive oil tends to thicken when COLD) I do stick to the 2T or less.
  • hopefloatsup
    hopefloatsup Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments. I told the hubby about the chemicals in the stuff and his exact words: "throw them out". Just glad our kids didn't have any yet! I will check the produce section for the dressings and try something new - it's all about trial & error right? :wink:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    plain greek yogurt and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry. There are recipes for this online and it's good
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I usually add vinegar to my dressings.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Use the real stuff that you actually like. "Low calorie" substitutes will never be the real thing.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I really like Bolthouse Ranch Yogurt dressing. You buy it in the refrigerated section of the produce. It's 45 cals for 2 TBS and yummy!

Agreed. One of the best lower calorie ranch dressings I've tried.

My thoughts are always, if it seems too good to be true (i.e. Walden Farms) it usually is!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    What's the problem with the Walden Farms stuff, anyway?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of sacrificing taste for calories either but I have tried some light dressings to see if I can at least save on fat content. Ken's light creamy ceasar is pretty delicious! And a friend of mine really likes the Bolthouse dressings.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms stuff tastes awful.

Plus, they're using the loophole in the law to pretend like their "foods" are calorie free, when in fact, they aren't.

My fave salad dressing is Newman's Own Sesame Ginger. It's really good on salads, and it's also excellent as a marinade.
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    If you want really good ranch dressing, get the mix of hidden valley ranch buttermilk. I use it and low fat buttermilk and light mayo. You could probably use yogurt but I didn't like the taste of that.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I get Hidden Valley's light buttermilk ranch dressing. It's 10 calories less per serving than the ranch dressing. Not a groundbreaking difference, but every bit helps, right? And you still get the good flavor. Just see if you can use less on your food and still be satisfied.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I either use small amounts of Hidden Valley Light or Bolthouse.

Bolthouse has a ranch that's made with yogurt I believe? I like their vinegarettes! LOVE the mango one with chicken