maintaining a healthy body

Options
at the point where not really looking to lose weight just tone up a bit more an maintain where im at..any advice??

Replies

• sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Start exercising? Running is fun (well I think so, though my husband disagrees). Weightlifting will give you muscles, and is also enjoyed by many people.

Find something that you love to do, and start doing it! If you find out that you don't like it after a while, try something different!

I love Pavel Tsatsouline's The Naked Warrior, and it's definitely worth a read! Most public libraries should have it if you don't want to shell out for the book without a test run.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    at the point where not really looking to lose weight just tone up a bit more an maintain where im at..any advice??

Find an activity you'll enjoy and have at it. Doesn't have to be running ultra-marathons, could be anything from maintaining a large garden through to kick boxing. As long as you enjoy it and keep your cals around about your TDEE, you'll maintain and feel good!
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I love Pavel Tsatsouline's The Naked Warrior, and it's definitely worth a read! Most public libraries should have it if you don't want to shell out for the book without a test run.

^ ooo. thanks for the recommendation - i've never read that. (not that i'm at maintenance - :laugh: )
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others above. I also started making new fitness goals to keep me motivated.