bike class in the dark?

Options
I was throwing a question out there because nobody at my gym gave me a satisfactory answer. I was working out the other day and walk past a cycling class and they were biking in pitch dark the only light they has was the light that was streaming in from the weight room.

WHY??? Why are they biking in the dark? The answer are I got were: So it doesn't add extra heat or maybe to not make them feel bad about themselves.

I am sure somebody on here would have the actual answer. PLEASE!!

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Those are two utterly stupid answers you got.

My cycling class last night was dark, it was more pleasant than the previous one which was bright. What did the dark help with?
    - Helped with focus
    - Easier on the eyes
    - Made the disco balls brighten up the joint better
    - Made it harder for me the watch boobs in the mirror

Ultimate answer though: Because the instructor wanted it that way.
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    Why not? I think it's kind of relaxing to work out in the dark.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I would love it. You don't have to think about anything outside of you and your workout. I tend to get lost in my mind a lot, so it would be absolutely wonderful to not have any distractions. I wonder if there are any classes like that in my area.
  • PAZlady
    PAZlady Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few classes at my gym where they keep it dark. Their explanation is that you work harder because you focus on yourself and aren't so self conscious about others watching you.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks that makes more sense. Appreciate the help. Maybe I will be more likely to try it because it's dark... :)