MyOatmeal.com <<--Oatmeal Addicts Check this out!

Options

Replies

• JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I might be hooked if these taste as good as they sound! I just ordered 3 types starting with gluten free oats and adding;

Carrot cake flavor, golden raisins, splenda and walnuts
    Honey flavor, splenda and pecans
    German Chocolate Cake flavor, coconut, splenda and almonds

Om nom nom...
  • MyOatmeal
    MyOatmeal Posts: 6 Member
    Options

One question... what happened to the option of using Stevia as a sweetener? I swear I saw it as an option when I placed my first order but it's gone now and I wanted to try it out.

The stevia we were using was too high of a concentrate and we could not disperse it properly.
    What ended up happening is that some of the oats would have a ton of stevia on them while others had none.
    This led to a super concentrated bite of stevia by the customer which made the product very bitter.
    We are now trying to source a new stevia product with a lower concentrate and less bitter after taste. Once we find it, we will put it back up on the site
    Sorry for the trouble!

ANT
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options

One question... what happened to the option of using Stevia as a sweetener? I swear I saw it as an option when I placed my first order but it's gone now and I wanted to try it out.

The stevia we were using was too high of a concentrate and we could not disperse it properly.
    What ended up happening is that some of the oats would have a ton of stevia on them while others had none.
    This led to a super concentrated bite of stevia by the customer which made the product very bitter.
    We are now trying to source a new stevia product with a lower concentrate and less bitter after taste. Once we find it, we will put it back up on the site
    Sorry for the trouble!

ANT

No worries! I would rather try it when it tastes good than get it bitter and super concentrated! I'll keep an eye out for the new and improved stevia option =)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Great link! I eat steel cut oats with diced apple and toasted sesame seeds. Just made a batch for the next couple of days!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Sorry for the trouble!

ANT
    http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal Great site with healthy choices, no extra cost just whatever you have at home you enjoy adding to oatmeal!

Besides what's with the advertising posts on MFP???
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oh dear God I'm going to go broke.

At least I'll have a full belly :D
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    mmmmm. I love me some oatmeal
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Oh dang..I thought you meant that guy that does the comics.

*Disappointed Panda*
  • MyOatmeal
    Options

Besides what's with the advertising posts on MFP???

I don't see any advertising..
    I see one person sharing her excitement with her online community.
    I see a lot of people interested in what she has to share.
    I see on business owner answer a couple questions and clearing up confusion
    and I see one bitter person peeing one someones party and being disrespectful for no apparent reason.
    I don't see any advertisements though.

ANT
  • nminden
    nminden Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Another way to spice up oatmeal that will keep you full until lunchtime...add a scoop of protein powder after you cook it! Just use more water, heat in microwave, and stir in the protein goodness. Cinnamon-swirl or vanilla protein powders work great!
    Brilliant! Thank you!

I make rolled oats with tumeric, cumin, cardamom, cinnamon,cloves - very rich.
  • epfenick
    epfenick Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • CassandraChloeJ
    CassandraChloeJ Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Instead of ordering your flavors from there you could actually use the new FROSTING flavors that they have come out with . they are available in the baking section at walmart for sure. i think the whole pack is 10 cals, and you would only need half.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options

:( BOOOOOOOOO OMG the shipping to Canada was more then the products I had picked I did not follow through with the order, Cant see spending almost 80 on it when the product itself was only 34 dollars.

no kidding :( Cheapest shipping ~ $21 for a single bag? booo indeed.
  • JossFit
    Options
    I might be hooked if these taste as good as they sound! I just ordered 3 types starting with gluten free oats and adding;

Carrot cake flavor, golden raisins, splenda and walnuts
    Honey flavor, splenda and pecans
    German Chocolate Cake flavor, coconut, splenda and almonds

Om nom nom...

Just wanted to follow up with this! So far I have only opened the Carrot Cake Mix, but I love it! It's got the perfect amount of mix-ins, it's hearty and filling, and the nutrition label and name you give your mix is right there on the bag. The bags are also resealable and have a little 'window' in the front that lets you see your mix as well... kind of cool.

Sure, I could just add my own walnuts, raisins and flavorings to gluten free oats, but this is just much easier.

I also ordered my mixes on a Tuesday and recieved them that Thursday... so the wait time was minimal.

*Highly* recommend this site.
  • JossFit
    Options
    Instead of ordering your flavors from there you could actually use the new FROSTING flavors that they have come out with . they are available in the baking section at walmart for sure. i think the whole pack is 10 cals, and you would only need half.

Also a good idea, for sure. I use those as well.

This site has many more options though. I wouldn't want to try some of those Frosting Creations powders in my oatmeal. Bubble Gum? Cotton Candy? No thanks.

Oh, and even half of the packet is a ton, and probably way more than you need. I only use a sprinkle, but I use it in oatmeal, Greek yogurt, protein pancakes, and sometimes oatmeal.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I checked out the site and they have some great ideas, that you could probably make yourself muchmuchMUCH cheaper!!! Plus, their serving size is miniscule, so if you eat a "normal" serving you'll be getting way more calories than the nutrition label indicates. That's OK if you have money to burn and don't need to count calories. . . .
  • MyOatmeal
    Options
    I love oatmeal and eat it many times per week. The blends on this site are really awesome-sounding.

One thing I hate though, is when companies list their products as "low calorie" and list a serving size that wouldn't fill a gerbil. Their serving size is 40g which loosely translates into .17 cups, maybe 3 tablespoons, or less than 1/4 cup. When I eat Quaker Oats, I use 3/4 cup, so I'm looking at about 170g+, which is over 4 servings. So, instead of 150 cals I'm looking at 600+.

If you're not looking for low-calorie, this stuff sounds amazing.

Thanks for your compliment!!
    I'd like to point out that we don't actually claim that our products are low calorie.
    Some of our house blends are however LOWER in calories, due to the fact that we replace half of the sugar with an appropriate amount of Splenda, which is calorie free, thus helping to lower the overall calories of the bag. It might not be low calorie but nothing shady is going on. I assure you of that.

While it is true that our serving size is listed at 40 grams this is simply based off of the Quaker brand, flavored packet size which is 32-34 grams.
    When you say that you usually go with 3/4 cup of oats, that right there is 455 calories
    Remember, that 3/4 cups of oats converts to 1.5 cups of cooked oats.
    So 40 grams of our dry oatmeal might be about 1/4 cup, (still a bigger serving than the Quaker packets) converts to 1/2 cup cooked.
    When looking at out dirty banana house blend, f we triple that to get up to 1.5 cups cooked (to match what you are used to eating) our calories are 495. Apple doodle is 136 calories per serving bringing it down to 408 calories for 1.5 cups of cooked oatmeal. When you do the math, we are not too far off at all!

I spent the last 6 month putting this company together, working out all of the details as best I can to insure that we bring a stellar product to the market and exceed our customers expectations. I am sure there are some things that will arise that I have missed but overall I think I have done a good job!

Thanks for reading!

ANT
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Oh dang..I thought you meant that guy that does the comics.

*Disappointed Panda*

me too.. :(
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    thanks, bump