I NEED IDEAS FOR LUNCH (LOW-CARB)

Options
i really need new ideas for lunch, but i want foods with less carbs.
so i know chicken salads are the most obvious, but what else can i eat?
anybody have any recipes? i don't want to keep eating chicken salads for the next 3 months for lunch.
i eat carb-loaded foods for breakfast some times, that's why i want variety. im a country girl so i eat anything that is natural in the morning, green plantains, lentils soup, avocados, eggs, cheese,salmon, turkey bacon and anything else i can make in the morning.
im just stuck on the lunch part.
PLEASE HELP ME!

Replies

• jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Canned Tuna with baby carrots (that's what I'm eating for lunch today)

Chili (I usually make a crock pot's worth and divide it up for the week. Use more meat than beans if you want lower carb)

Lettuce wraps with chicken, tuna, etc.

Hard-boiled eggs are good
  • JLANGSTA
    JLANGSTA Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jensmyfriend@gmail.com

I can send you some recipes!

But for lunch ideas, here's some - deli meat with veggie sticks and cheese, chicken and veggie soup, chicken fajitas minus the tortillas, hardboiled eggs and cheese, taco salad, shredded chicken salad, tuna salad, leftovers from your low-carb dinner the night before.

good luck, girl!
  • dortilolma
    dortilolma Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunch is a goats cheese salad with walnuts, dried cranberries and a light lemon dressing. It's refreshing and surprisingly filling - only 230 calories (depending on portions).

I use:
    Salad -
    rocket leaves
    chopped walnuts
    dried cranberries
    goats cheese log

Dressing -
    Lemon juice
    Olive oil
    Pepper
    Honey

I'm also a fan of quinoa which I can eat on its own or with pulses, beans and nuts.
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of chicken breasts, shrimp, and turkey burgers (no bun). If I am at home, I make scrambled eggs a lot. I eat tuna sometimes, but usually when I am out of everything else. I try and make dinners that will convert to leftover lunches- fish, steak and chicken fajitas, baked chicken, etc.
  • ldiaz0303
    ldiaz0303 Posts: 13
    Options
    i have never eaten goat cheese......im a little weird about it, dont know why. how can i use it in food so that i can begin slowly adding it to my diet?
  • ldiaz0303
    Options
    baked chicken with........................?
    any recipes for baked chicken? i mainly fried it...or boiled it.
  • ldiaz0303
    Options
    tuna with crackers?
    good for snack? or can it be dinner?
  • abbylg1983
    abbylg1983 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I make chicken with buffalo sauce a lot. I put it in a fry pan for 3 min on each side (I use cooking spray) and then score it, coat it with buffalo sauce, and bake it for 30 min. I boil it sometimes too, but I like baking better. You can use other seasonings or sauces if you don't like buffalo sauce. I also bake it (minus the buffalo sauce) with mozzerella cheese and marinara sauce on top a lot.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Hamburger patty with cheese and fried egg with lettuce.
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Progresso light soup and salad
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    baked chicken with steamed green beans (bake at 350, season with garlic powder, black pepper)

Stuffed Bell Peppers--I stuff mine with cooked lean ground beef (seasoned with onion powder, garlic, black pepper, cumin, cayenne) a little bit of cheese, onions, peppers

anything in a lettuce wrap (i.e. tacos, chicken, a "sandwich")

canned chicken or tuna (in water) with green veggies
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am always on the go and have to eat something quick.. so i get the frozen Atkins dinners ...
    Net carbs are usually around 6-7
  • ldiaz0303
    Options
    thanks i didnt know they had those! im going to buy some this week
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Kabobs work really well. Cheese wrapped by deli meat with mustard. Chicken soup without noodles. It depends on how strict you are with your carbs, but stuffed wraps can work well too. Tacos salads (either chicken or beef). You have a lot of options with seasoning. Chicken and broccoli with Alfredo sauce. And I agree the Atkins meals can be good, though I often have some meat, crunchy veggies and an Atkins shake for lunch and Ice Tea and an Atkins bar for breakfast..
  • dzarbs
    dzarbs Posts: 3
    Options
    ***Chicken Bruschetta!

Grill pieces of chicken using your favorite seasoning (I always go mega spicy!).
    Make a salsa: diced tomatoes, diced onion, with a drizzle of lemon juice (freshly squeezed my fav) with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
    Once chicken is baked/ grilled, lay it out on a plate and top with your mini 'salsa'. You can drizzle olive oil over it but be sure to watch the cal content as 1 tbsp = 120 cal.

You can tweek by adding corn (watch the carbs), or avocado.

***Fish Taco

I use mini tortilla's from my local michocana occasionaly but lettuce wraps are way better.

Bake fish fillets with fav seasoning. My favorite is tilapia fillets. These bake quick. About 10minutes in the oven and 2-3 mins on broil. Use a fork to break it up, fill your lettuce wrap halfway and top with a tbsp of 'salsa' (as above).
  • dzarbs
    dzarbs Posts: 3
    Options
    Best Ever Oven baked chicekn

Blend half an onion, ginger and habaneros and 1 garlic clove, bit of salt or adobo seasoning. (I go super spicy). Season your BONE-IN chicken (skin off) by pouring the mix over them and let sit for as long as you can, minimum 30 mins.

Put chicken in an oven/casserole dish and cover completey with aluminium foil and fold over edge of dish. Bake at 350F for 30 mins. Remove foil and POUR OU all the chicken fat. You will get at least a cup of fat. Pop back in the oven for 10-15 minutes, and then broil for an additonal 5-10minutes.

This chicken is the juiciest, tastiest SPICIEST chicken ever. Made this Sunday night and been bringing in a few pieces to work during the week. Have this with a side of steamed veggies seasoned with salt n pepper to fill u up!!!
  • PosterPens
    PosterPens Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    tuna pureed with avocado (instead of mayo) and spinach, plus a bit of mustard on a low carb wrap. super.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    LINDA'S LOW CARB MENUS & RECIPES
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/

^ Holy Grail of low carb recipes
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Omlettes are quick and easy with a lot of variety. Ill get the Colorado omelette at ihop when I'm lazy. But you'll be surrounded by pancakes :/
  • ahhhneedaname
    Options
    Fair warning, IHOP puts pancake batter in their omelettes. Check the nutrition on them prior to ordering.

Corn tortillas are much lower carb than flour tortillas usually, but low carb tortillas are usually the best.

How many carbs are you eating per day? When I was hardcore low carb I avoided lentils. Try canned black soybeans in your chilis or other places you use beans normally - they are very similar to black beans and much lower carb.