How often do you weigh yourself/ measure?

Options
13»

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Monday am and measure on the first of every month.....
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Daily with the same conditions (after waking up right after pee/poop).

Its all about the data for me.

Here's is my past three months.

2ihtn4z.jpg

Fixed your photos for you :)

And also for another reference, here is my chart. I had periods of weighing daily, and periods of not weighing daily. I started out weighing myself once a week. And as you can see around the 190lb mark, I was on a plateau for awhile. I just started losing again, and am going to continue weighing in every morning.

Daily weigh-ins are not for everyone, but I enjoy seeing how my body fluctuates and seeing the trend (orange line) of my weight-loss.

970376_10151505197209527_2124625638_n.jpg
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    once a week unless i think i see a difference, then i weigh lol
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I weigh regularly. Only focus on morning weights but sometimes weigh at other times of the day. The only one that matters is the one in the morning. I usually only log my low weights then one weight early during each month to keep me on track... otherwise, this thing would be bouncing up and down like a yo-yo at times over the same 3-4 pounds. The trend is what matters.. and it continues in the right direction.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Once a week every Monday first thing in the morning. I enter the result regardless.
  • silverlining84
    silverlining84 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure myself weekly :)
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Fixed your photos for you :)

many, many thanks, tcraw15.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity and I weighed myself and did measurements the second day in because I forgot to the first day, ha. Since the fitness test is repeated every two weeks, I plan on doing measurements every two weeks. I don't actually own a scale right now since I am still living in the dormitory at my overseas school, ha. I have to ask someone else to use their scale and I feel awkward doing it.
  • Beckaroo94
    Beckaroo94 Posts: 66
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, after weeing before eating, naked. Your weight can fluctuate a lot throughout the week/day, I would suggest you weigh yourself at the same time every week, eg a Monday morning. If you weigh yourself in the morning you'll probably weigh more in the evening. That's the case for me at least, then it all goes over night :P so don't get discouraged if that ever happens
  • ericnealdavis
    ericnealdavis Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and for me its about seeing how my body responds to what I've eaten. I can see a difference when I have too much sodium, for example. I log my weight on Friday mornings unless I have a loss that I see two or three days in a row and then I'll log the change mid-week. I did that today, I weighed in at 212 for two days so I logged it. I'll log again on Friday.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Weight, measure and progress pics once a month.
  • krystalc1986
    krystalc1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and measure once or twice a month.
  • bgale718
    bgale718 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and I make sure to do it around the same time. I usually measure every 4 weeks.
  • rose555005
    rose555005 Posts: 15
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday when I wake up. Most weeks I see a 2 pound loss. but there have been weeks when i have only lost 1 pound and this past week I lost 4. I think that if I weighed everyday, I would get discouraged if the numbers didn't change or if the numbers went up...that would drive me bananas. :) Good Luck!
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every few days. I don't get discouraged when I don't see it go down, because I know that my weight will naturally fluctuate a few pounds day-to-day. The scale is right next to my sink, so usually just step on when I get up in the morning if I remember. Most people would say it's too often, but that's OK, it works for me and keeps me motivated.
  • lilalief
    lilalief Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say that I weigh in once a week. However, I weigh myself most days, because during the period when I did not do so, I gained 8 kgs slowly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!