Hello from the Big Easy!

Options
Well...like a lot of people it all started with the pictures. Innocent pictures where I began to see myself getting progressively bigger. Everyone around me kept saying things like..."Really, you don't look that big" and "But you're tall and big boned". Eventually I let myself lean on those comments and really let myself go. I have never been "skinny" or even "average". My current weight of 212 is just rediculous and I can't believe I have let myself get to this point. I have always been overweight but this is a time for change and rebirth! I am aiming for a healthy BMI of about 155 (that is the highest range for my height of 5'6) and will take it from there. I am trying to change my lifestyle and my boyfriend is even on board with me so it helps when I only have to cook healthy food and not junk for him and healthy for me :) I love the support that is given on this site and I cannot wait to take this journey with all of you!

Replies

• pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I like you already!!!! My reward when I reach my goal is to go skydiving too!!! Woot woot. Good luck on your goals. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    this is a great site, full of information, motivation and encouragement. You can do this, just track your food and exercise everyday and dont give up
  • CRUISINLOSER
    CRUISINLOSER Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome from another in the Big Easy! You will love this website the message boards are great and so many are willing to give support and encouragement. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey - another MFP from the Big Easy!!! You will love this site - it is very helpful and supportive.

Good luck in your weight loss journey...if you have any questions - just ask away!!!!

Welcome everyone and have a happy healthy day!!!!

Go Saints!!!!!!
  • anyoung1984
    anyoung1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The people on here are so encouraging and motivational I love it already! New Orleans is really the city I love to hate. The entire culture and lifestyle here is unhealthy and it really takes dedication to change that for yourself but I am making progress! I'm thinking football season was maybe not the best time to start a weightloss plan? j/j Goooooo Saints! I believe :)
  • dollbaby4
    Options
    Go SAINTS! I'm right outside of BR and grew up in the River Parishes. When your "momma an em" all cooked with a roux and you love to eat as much as we do around here, making healthy choices can be difficult! Good luck! This site has been really helpful for me, and I'm sure you will find a lot of support.
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Good luck. Im from Lafayette. It's a little easier to diet over here than in New Orleans but not much. Lotta good stuff to eat here too but at least I don't have to stare down a Cafe du Monde everytime I go downtown so for now, I'll just turn on the game tonight, and eat my stir fry veggies and fish and probably hit the dumbells.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Welcome Welcome. I was born in the big easy, the Navy has taken me far away, but that place has never left me :D
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I am from Shreveport here! I know all about good southern food and how hard it is to turn it down. This site is great....you are gonna love it!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I've never run into sooo many folks from Louisiana!!!! Well, it's great to see you all here!!! I've been a member of MFP for a while. Last year I lost 65 lbs, shortly after I abandoned all that I learned here and now I have returned to site just as the lbs have to my weight. I am a RN and apart of this journey for me is not just the change in body physically, but also for my family, my patients, and everyone who's life I have and will impact!!! I'm sorry I let it go this far, but now I've found MFP, a wonderful resource and I'm not going to stop until I make the goal. Welcome! You're going to love it!!!

P.S. GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!
  • anyoung1984
    anyoung1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOL it is great to see so many folks from Louisiana...cutting out the rouxs, po boys, jambalayas, and fried seafood liked to kill me at first! But now that I have started making healthier choices and have started feeling so much better it has become easier. Plus at least I can still have boiled and broiled seafood. There is no living without boiled crawfish :) Great to hear from you guys!
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! :flowerforyou: I'm from Biloxi & my sister lives in New Orleans (actually my mom's family is originally from New Iberia). I swear I gain at least 5 lbs every time I go home to visit. I sure miss that great food (I'm in TN now). You will find alot of great people on this site to support you in your efforts plus lots of good information, food ideas, new exercise ideas, motivation & tons of other stuff to help you on your journey.

Good luck to you! Oh yeah.....& WHO DAT?!?!! GOOOOOOOOO SAINTS!! :smile: