First time caving since I started.....

Options
Well I work in a doctor's office and the pharmaceutical reps are always bringing breakfast, lunch, and even snacks like cupcakes and cookies! I have done so well these past 2 weeks but today I just caved at breakfast :( 700 calories for breakfast!!!! What was I thinking? I have never felt so guilty. And I forgot my lunch so I am having to make do with what was brought...only eating 1 wrap from McAlister's (sp?). I know the best thing to do is just get back on track...but then I am going to a party for the first Saint's pre-season game tonight and I know I am going to want to drink with all my friends...even Bud Select 55 adds up eventually! Agh! Is one "bad day" every once in a while going to totally derail all the good I have done or is it ok to be sensible the rest of the day and really focus back in tomorrow?

Replies

• legalbyday
    Options
    So, you fell off the horse. Get back on, right now, and don't try to make up for what you did. It'll be okay. Consider it a free day maybe...........however, you might be done for the day!! cuz you still have to eat later. Just do good for the rest of the day.
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Options
    No. I had 2 really bad days about a week ago and still lost a lb that week!! Rewards are good for you and keep you motivated!
  • Andre_Demers
    Options
    Forget it. It was good and it`s in the past. Now is all that you have to care for.:flowerforyou:
  • courtneysmith3212
    Options
    Its alright that you overate for breakfast.. we all do sometimes.... and even for later of the day, just try and be cautious what you eat... I like to think that its okay to splurge every once in a while.. makes me feel better knowing that I can still eat the foods I like just not all the time.. I think its a great reward! That is my personal opinion
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Look one time and even one day will not hurt you I promise.

I actually plan one full day a week where I splurge, I go over my daily needs trying to create a surplus to keep my metabolism honest. As of today I have lost 122lbs. So I can truly say one time won't hurt you, and one day will actually help you.

Like the previous poster said, just get back on the horse and keep going. I find it ironic when people bring things like cookies to doctor's offices. LOL
  • anyoung1984
    anyoung1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would be making me feel so bad if I meant to do it, like a birthday dinner or even just a night out with friends...where you know you are going to do it. Today was just me falling back into an old pattern and I am scared that I will fall back into an unhealthy routine. I guess it is just fear that I am not ready for this...BUT I AM! I am totally determined! Tomorrow is a brand new day :)
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    To reward yourself is always good. Also if you mix it up a bit by eating fewer calories most days and higher calories for 1 or 2 it confuses your body so you don't go into starvation mode. Just make sure you don't go to crazy....
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Is one "bad day" every once in a while going to totally derail all the good I have done or is it ok to be sensible the rest of the day and really focus back in tomorrow?

One day will not derail you! This is healthy eating. It's a lifestyle. If you can't have a bad day now and then, or if you have to give up everything you love, that's a "diet" and it's not sustainable.

This isn't like Atkins where a single slip will keep you from getting to the magical ketosis.

This is life, from now on. If you eat a cupcake for breakfast and have no choice but to eat a less healthy lunch, and all that happens to fall on a day when you're going out, you make up for it all by working out or taking a walk so you can get as close to your allotted calories as possible. Then you dust yourself off and make better choices tomorrow. Every day is a new day.

Many people subscribe to the theory of zig-zagging your calories so that your body doesn't get accustomed to a set number of calories. Many people subscribe to the theory that you're really looking at an average over a week or so (as long as you don't fall under around 1200-1300 calories on any given day).

You don't get a pass/fail grade on this. You're graded on a curve. Actually, you're graded on several curves: your curves.

You slipped. What you do next is what's important.
  • aaiked
    aaiked Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :smile: try drinking water water and more water during the party that should help a little. stay focused you have a goal
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I find when I have a bad day I seem to do better the rest of the week. I think it tricks my body and works out for the better. I try to only do that once every 2 weeks---and I'm going to the Ravens pre-season game tonight so I hope the walking around the stadium will help with the beer I will be consuming! Have fun...once in a while won't hurt.
  • anyoung1984
    anyoung1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! It is so nice to have people who have been there done that and can offer really sound advice and can also be honest without being cruel. I was on another website similar to this one and people were so negative and hateful all the time, it was NOT conducive to weightloss. I love the fact that so many of you have been on this journey before and are so willing to help all of us beginners, it is truly motivational. Thanks so much for all the advice and support, it has made me feel much better about having a bad day to know that other people have bad days as well. Also to be reminded this is a lifestyle change and I am going to consume unhealthy foods every once in a while...afterall we are only human. And it was a really good cupcake O_o