Heartrate monitor suggestions?

Options
I've had my chest strap monitor for about 10 years and I think it is finally done for. Half the time it reads my HR at zero so how accurate can it be when I'm doing a killer Combat Fitness Class for 45 minutes and it has me at 110 calories burned.

So...I am looking for suggestions, what are some of your favorites and why? I am looking for something that will keep track of the calories burned for a specific time too.

Replies

• larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    looking for one myself... waiting to see results
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I jsut bought a Polar FT4 a few days ago. I love it so far. Simple to use, comfortable to wear and it's not a HUGE watch. Oh, and it's pink (although you can get other colors) :smile:
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have the Zephyr HRM BT. It connects via bluetooth on my droid. Use Endomondo and it tracks hr, pace, kcals, maps my runs and pushes workout data seamlessly to MFP. Also charges via USB so no changing batteries!! It does not come with a watch or anything so you must use your phone for connecting, as long as that doesn't bother you, it is one of least expensive on the market and I have not had any issues with it.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I recommend polar anything. I have the FT60, but I started out with the FT7. LOVE it!
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I really love it! (I got it in blue from Amazon). I think it's very accurate because I've been eating a lot of my exercise calories back, and I'm still losing. It's really comfortable too! Sometimes I even forget that I'm wearing the chest strap.

The FT4 is easy to use, it stores 10 workouts, and has information about your average heart rate, calories burned, the length of your workout, and of course, the time. You can also set it to beep if you're not in your target zone. (You can change your target zone too). Storing 10 workouts is fine for me because I enter my workouts into MFP everyday. If you would like to keep more workouts in your HRM, then I would suggest going for a model with more storage like the FT7 (which stores 99 workouts).
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT40. I am not technologically inclined and it is easy to use. I don't get the big burns that others seem to have but it appears to be working and is consistent from day to day so I am thinking it is right by me.
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    I bought the Polar rs100 after trying out a friend's. I love it. The screen is larger, easier to read than the f4. I got it at amazon and it was really marked down.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks for the suggestions. I actually had a Polar so I was happy it lasted so long.
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Have you tried REALLY cleaning the contacts. Just wet it thoroughly, and use a tooth brush and dab some soap and go for and give it a little brushing. It helps if the contact are still working. If not I'll go for polar bluetooth with a smartphone pairing, will work for all activities except dancing and swimming.