Teachers? Or anyone really! :)

Options
I'm fairly new here. 11 days in...8 pounds lost. I am LOVING this site. It's my second time here...tried it last autumn, but just wasn't ready to commit to it, and gave up. Now that I'm using all of it....logging food, exercise, talking on the message boards, synching my Nike+ and my Jawbone UP, it is working!

I'm looking for more people to connect with here. I love the social aspect of the message boards and the newsfeed....I sure wish we could access the boards from the Moblie app. Hopefully someday!

Anyway...I'm a preschool teacher, and a director as well. It would be fun to connect with other teachers, but I'm don't discriminate! :happy:

I love gardening :flowerforyou: coffee :drinker: reading, knitting, crocheting, cooking, swimming, facebooking, my iPhone, and sleeping :yawn: .

Please add me if you'd like. I'm kinda fun. :tongue: :laugh:

Kristi

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I'm not a teacher but on the way to becoming one. I'm currently studying for my degree ( 2 years left part time) before I then do my PGCE in Math to teach high school.

Feel free to add id you like.
  • Lucy_6678
    Lucy_6678 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like. I teach 8th grade social studies. I'm almost done for the year and I can't wait for summer to start!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Originally intended to be a teacher; somehow wound up being an attorney. Six months or so in; about 50lbs down.

Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • JGo1229
    JGo1229 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristi,

Great job on your loss so far! :)
    I'm not a teacher, but I do have a four, almost 5, year old little girl so I can relate on hanging out with kiddos ;)
    Anyhow, I love the social aspect as well and would be happy to encourage each other along the way!

Good luck!
    Jess
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    A friend request has been sent.
    Congrats on losing 8lbs! I am Yvette and I am a teacher. I love it. I teach 1st graders.
    Nice to meet you. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated. I love to encourage and support my MFP friends. Let's encourage one another on our journey to a healthier us. The more friends the better.
  • tbodega
    tbodega Posts: 186
    Options
    I'm not officially a teacher, but I feel like one by answering tech support questions for friends and family every day!
  • sassyann45
    sassyann45 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You can add me....I am a school counseling!! Taught grades. 1st, 2nd and 4th when in the classroom.!!!!
    Finishing my last week up and summer is mine!!!!
  • fitgirlandfoodie
    fitgirlandfoodie Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) National School (Primary level) teacher here in Ireland. teaching two years and currently nearly at the end of my Masters in Education also. Been here on and off since 2008, but pretty much all the time in the last year and have lost 30 pounds. :-)
  • teana36
    teana36 Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats on loosing weight. I am a teachers aide at a junior high school. My coworkers are my support, I worry about summer coming on. I have lost 15 pounds mainly from keeping a food diary. I am working on loosing 70 more so I have a road ahead of me.

Teana
  • Sarabelle43
    Options
    I'm a special education teacher in VA. Feel free to add me. :)
  • KristiCee67
    KristiCee67 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ah...so many lovely replies so quickly! We are all searching for support....it's great.

By the way, I have over 100 pounds to lose, so if you friend me, prepare for the long haul!

Kristi
  • LoudmouthLee
    LoudmouthLee Posts: 358
    Options
    Middle School teacher in NYC :P Add away!
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm studying for my English degree, only one year left then (hopefully) go on to do my PGCE in Secondary English!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    6th grade teacher here :)
  • daybreak0723
    daybreak0723 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Middle school teacher here in NC. Feel free to add me!
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not a teacher, but a Speech Pathologist Assessor (I work in schools) does that count?
    Congrats on your loss so far!

I lost approximately 70lbs about a year ago (and kept it off) - so you can totally do this!
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just about to finish my 26th year as a high school drama teacher (done English and Geography too). The goal I set for myself when I started last August was to lose 120 pounds, so I'm in for the long haul too. I've lost 34 and feel great--in fact, I feel so good I'm rewarding myself by auditioning for Calendar Girls this evening. Gotta do something good and scary every now and then, right?
  • AliBaba11
    AliBaba11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school special ed teacher, and a transfer from WW to MFP. I love the social aspect of this site, and all my friends keep dropping out :-(. I'm in it for the long haul, so welcome new friends to help make this journey as much fun as possible. I've lost about 63 pounds in the past 17 months or so - slow and steady wins the race! Feel free to friend me.
  • JDY36
    JDY36 Posts: 17
    Options
    I love some of the same things too: sleeping, knitting,swimming and gardening. Not a teacher, I am a RN. But, welcome back. Great site. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I spent four years teaching high school business. Then I took a year off to finish off my Master's degree in Library and Information Services. My ultimate goal is to get a job as a school librarian somewhere. I'll graduate in August so I've been looking hard for jobs. they're not exactly easy to come by.

I've been on here a few months and lost just shy of 30 pounds. My goal is 75 pounds so a decent amount. I love adding new friends.

37422413.png