Results after Month 1 Insanity

Options
Jchambers1130
Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
I have seen so many people post their results and it made me go ahead and dig mine out. Not many men are on MFP let alone the success section so here goes.

My weight loss journey started on Jan 2, 2013. I cringed my face but slowly got on the scale and it flashed 251lbs. For four months I only did walking daily and eating healthy. This gave me about 55lbs lost. I started Insanity at 196lbs and after a month I am 187lbs. I have lost about 8 inches from my waist, hips, and chest. I followed my own nutrition with the 40/40/20 macros. The first 3 weeks I stayed about the same weight. I believe this is where people get discouraged, but your body is rapidly creating muscle you never had. My thighs are crazy developed and harder now. I also only follow up workouts with a whey protein shake. Starting Month 2 was like starting Insanity all over again, it's a whole new ballgame and the soreness has returned but I'm still going. I know I will probably have to do another round of Insanity all over to get where I want to be but it is so easy to just push play and follow what they do and get the results that you get. My only slip up is having some drinks on a Friday or Saturday night, but I want to stay as close as to how I would live the rest of my life.

Also with my "fitter" body I went to the beach and didn't have a shirt on for the first time in my life since about 2nd grade. Hence why I'm torched in the 2nd photos haha. I have taken a picture every day to put a flip slide show together that is pretty neat already, but I want to post it once I'm done with everything. I do have a photo of myself at my heaviest at 252 but let's leave that for the grand finale lol

If anyone has any questions I will try my best to answer them about Insanity, because it really is an experience we all don't finish.

Month_1_Finish_zpse6ae4f1e.jpg[/URL]

Month_1_Finish2_zps5c1a9d09.jpg[/URL]

Replies

• autopilot_on
    autopilot_on Posts: 388
    Options
    Holy crap dude! Look at that definition coming in on your obliques and abs! Congratulations on such great success so far. I'm excited to see the flip show when you're done too. Thanks for sharing this, it's awesome!
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    great great job!!!
    thank you for posting this. Im on week 3 day 2 and yes it can get discouraging
    I need to take some measurements as I didnt do it on day 1
    You are going to finish strong and your going to look like a new person ,I can already see it.
    thanks for posting!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The results that get posted from 1 month insanity and 30 day shred never cease to amaze me.

Great job!
  • jangier
    jangier Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    WOW - what amazing results!!!!! You have inspired me to give insanity another shot!!!!!
  • SamDavis48
    SamDavis48 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is the end result of insanity. From over 215 lbs down to 152 lbs. I stopped weighing my self because I had to live in a hotel room for work. I am now eating to gain weight because I want to be a 165 lbs. Insanity is awesome I always recommend it to any one that has the mental fortitude to stick with it. Congrats on your success, happy recovery week and good luck in month 2..
  • Stacjsteinert5
    Stacjsteinert5 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    excellent work!!! Keep up the hard work and dedication! :)
  • kmartinixx
    kmartinixx Posts: 197
    Options
    Wow! Amazing!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    from one month! wow that's great!!
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    The results that get posted from 1 month insanity and 30 day shred never cease to amaze me.

Great job!

I wonder if people would post results if they didn't have anything noticable though... like if an already pretty fit person did insanity instead of their normal routine, then saw no results, they would just shrug and move on with their lives.

I think for most of us, it's because we are doing something we weren't doing before... so it's not that the workout is so great, it's that we're working out.

I am doing the 30 day shred (in spurts, i'm on a break again because I'm sick) with my diet and the shred, I'm seeing great results, but it's not because of the shred, it's because I'm doing SOMETHING... but thnen kudos to the program for being doable at any level, fast enough that i can make time, and not so hard that i wake up crying at night and can't pick up my baby (had a trainer do that to me once)
  • Jchambers1130
    Options
    Holy crap dude! Look at that definition coming in on your obliques and abs! Congratulations on such great success so far. I'm excited to see the flip show when you're done too. Thanks for sharing this, it's awesome!

It is crazy how much easier everything is to do now. Mowing the lawn and daily activities that you just don't get exhausted from.

I have about 143 pictures so far and it's very cool the movie I put together. After Insanity I will post it, only 20 more days.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yes! Definitely take measurements. I was a little hesitant to take measurements in the beginning because I didn't think I would actually lose that many inches. Boy was I wrong!
  • Jchambers1130
    Options
    Yes! Definitely take measurements. I was a little hesitant to take measurements in the beginning because I didn't think I would actually lose that many inches. Boy was I wrong!

Yes I went from my 38 pants to a 34 pretty quick haha.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    you look great! congrats!
  • krc99080
    krc99080 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just started week 3 of Insanity and I only hope my results are half as good as yours are in pictures! Congrats on the success so far. It's not an easy program but in some ways I enjoy it. Maybe part of it is knowing there was a time I wouldn't have made it through the warmup . . . more or less the entire workout.

I can't wait to see what your final results are like!

37422413.png
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Looking good!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on week 2 day 11 (I took 2 days off last week so I could run my 5k last Saturday) and it is discouraging that the scale doesn't show weight loss, but I am stronger and that is important. Can't wait to see the final results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jchambers1130
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm on week 2 day 11 (I took 2 days off last week so I could run my 5k last Saturday) and it is discouraging that the scale doesn't show weight loss, but I am stronger and that is important. Can't wait to see the final results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My scale said the same thing for 14 days. Didn't care cause I blew through the clothes I had just bought and received from my smaller brother :( Defiantly not shopping until I hit my goal haha.
  • mzbizness00
    Options
    i have a hard time keeping up with insanity. At first did u take alot of breaks?
  • nashai01
    nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Great Results :)
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Awesome results makes me want to start insanity.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!