Brand new and looking for friends!

Options
Hello! I'm new to MFP and am looking for friends with similar situations as my own!

I'm 5'6" female. Current weight is 214 lbs with a goal weight around 140 lbs. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism, PCOS and insulin resistance a couple years ago and I've finally had enough of being a victim to the symptoms. A poor diet and no exercise got me into this mess, and only a good diet and plenty of exercise can get me out of it! I also love lifting weights but haven't in years.

Cheers! :drinker:

Replies

• ymlander
    ymlander Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this board too,, I am currently looking into bariatric surgery, and I love to lift weights too. I need to get used to using these boards, but never seem to know how to use them, this one seems pretty easy.. Yvonne
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 28 yr old, 5'7, and at 197 lbs. However, I did start out at 227... so I feel I'm similar to you! I just joined today, so I'll send you a request - I'm also looking for as much support as I can get.
  • stuckinpa05
    stuckinpa05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not really new to this but this is the first time that i have actually tried to use it religously!! Looking for friends to help stay positive and motivated.
  • heytherelameman
    heytherelameman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My story is very similar to yours.

I am not new here, but I recently got back into it. I'm just rounding out my first week. I am always looking for friends, feel free to add me. (That goes for anyone!)
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this board too,, I am currently looking into bariatric surgery, and I love to lift weights too. I need to get used to using these boards, but never seem to know how to use them, this one seems pretty easy.. Yvonne
    Please reconsider your choices, this is not a fix all and the amount of trauma you cost your body is really not worth it. I started off 214(Doctor's) scale and with the aid of Phentermine, eating right and exercising I lost 30+ lbs in 4 months. If you are open to it, Friend me and let me try to tallk you out of cutting yourself open
    If you have time , please watch "forks over knives"
    and this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdqLB6bTuQ.
    it's an hour long+ documentary. but at 49mins it talks about a situation about a lady much larger than yourself.trying to get a bariatric surgery from this doc. just start from there, and if you like the message. then watch the whole thing. it really works.
  • Chispasv
    Chispasv Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • ymlander
    ymlander Posts: 3
    Options
    how do I friend someone?
  • boomitten4u2
    Options
    I just had bariatric surgery 3 weeks ago and am at 220 pounds with a goal weight of 140. I have struggled with weight loss my whole life and have too many other illnesses caused by the weight and lack of exercise. Made me decide enough was enough. I feel like I am in control now of what I eat rather than trying to just diet but eat all the things that I love. Need some support from like minded people.

Just signed up through a friend and am enjoying the accountability of this program. Hope to hear from new friends!