You need to SHARE!!

Options
At times when I feel like giving up I go online and read the most motivating quotes and read motivating stories - they quickly bring me back on track. Share with me what keeps you focused, what drives you forward? What brings you back to your goal when you feel like quitting?

Any tips or stories?

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Yay! Did you decide not to quit MFP then?
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I love finding, reading and gathering motivational quotes, photos and stories myself. This is why, a few weeks ago, I created a group on Facebook as a place to gather all these items I've found on my online travels, and to share them with others. I usually try to post something at least once a day -- a motivational story, quote, photo or video. If you are on Facebook, please feel free to join! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey! :)

~ Chandra
  • Halloweenmom2
    Options
    Yes, I'm staying. Might as well, lol :D
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have got some messages and notes about my quote I wrote below my ticker
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Well I will say this....I had to really hone in on what was important to me....I had been through wanting to lose weight, sticking to something for a month and then stopping...or saying I was going to start exercising and just not doing it....I was and am tired of it.

So I sat down and said to myself, "Why am I sabotaging my own happiness?" I know it sounds weird to some people that my happiness is determined by a number, but when I don't feel like I am happy with looking at myself in the mirror....it is a problem! Plain and simple!

So what really motivates me is knowing that 1) My happiness depends on me losing this weight 2) My health depends on me losing this weight and 3) God gave me one body, and I feel like I am slapping him in the face by eating bad and not being in shape. Especially, when I have all the necessary tools to do so.

That is just what motivates me....you will fall in this journey, but you HAVE to get back up! Failure should not be an option.
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    Well Stated Krys_T! D I T T O!!!
  • melissaogdenrhode
    Options
    Well Stated Krys_T! D I T T O!!!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Well I will say this....I had to really hone in on what was important to me....I had been through wanting to lose weight, sticking to something for a month and then stopping...or saying I was going to start exercising and just not doing it....I was and am tired of it.

So I sat down and said to myself, "Why am I sabotaging my own happiness?" I know it sounds weird to some people that my happiness is determined by a number, but when I don't feel like I am happy with looking at myself in the mirror....it is a problem! Plain and simple!

So what really motivates me is knowing that 1) My happiness depends on me losing this weight 2) My health depends on me losing this weight and 3) God gave me one body, and I feel like I am slapping him in the face by eating bad and not being in shape. Especially, when I have all the necessary tools to do so.

That is just what motivates me....you will fall in this journey, but you HAVE to get back up! Failure should not be an option.

VERY much agreed!! Well said, Krys_T! :)