Another year passed me by...

Options
Recently turned 41 and haven't lost the baby weight yet from my now 2.5 year old. I joined over a year ago, and then fell off the wagon. Had hopes of being fit by 40, and now I've just turned 41 and don't want another year to slip by me as I'm the heaviest I've ever been.

I have struggled my whole life with my weight, and it's funny (and sad) that I look back at how I looked 6 years ago and think to myself that I looked pretty good - however, at the time I couldn't see that, and just wanted to lose weight or look better.

Want to be healthy, make good choices, feel good about who I am in the present. I want to lose 5 lbs a month so I'm 60lbs lighter by 42!

Need motivation and friends who are positive!

Replies

• kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Trying to lose weight takes time. I know, I am in the same boat. I have only recently begun to lose some weight even though I have being doing this for over a year now.

Friend request sent.
  • chartt
    chartt Posts: 31
    Options
    My name is connie, add me if you want, and welcome! this is the place to be for lots of support and encouragement. tho I will be gone from the 5th til the 9th, rest assured when I get back I will be here for ya along with lots of other people too:flowerforyou:
  • csj123
    csj123 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I totally understand - after my first child I managed to lose quite a lot of weight even though I had been overweight before having her. I had lost more before her leading up to my wedding but after my second child I was even heavier and just couldn't seem to get a grip as he was a bad sleeper, I had two to look after and my husbands new job (after being made redundant twice!) has irregular hours so it was hard to get in a routine of eating and exercising regularly. Having said that my littlest one has now started sleeping through and so I have decided to give MFP another go and in about 3 or so weeks have lost around 9lbs :0) The best thing I have learnt is not to beat myself up when I have a bad day and then blow the whole thing, instead I accept that yesterday was not so good and start again the next day - also I used to try and aim for too high a loss one week and if I didn't make it I just threw in the towel so now I am just aiming for 1lb a week loss and it seems to be working - I have a long way to go but I am now determined and encouraged to get there, feel free to add me as a friend :0)