quitting....

molberts
molberts Posts: 35
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
theres a little voice in my ear today (i think its my sweet tooth!) telling me I should quit and just be happy at 2/3 of the way to my goal weight.

If I quit now I'll look *ok* .... I'm bang in the middle of recommended weight range - not fat or thin, just average.

If I keep going I'll be slim.

what to do? I just really want some ice cream today I think and haven't lost anything for 10 days or so, so am just a bit sick of it at this stage :blushing:

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Is there any question.. do you run a marathon and stop on mile 20?
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream and then you satisfy your craving and stay on your diet!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Ahhh that must be going around. I have felt like that all day today. I've done ok today (too much sugar but what's new?) but I just feel like I'm on a slippery slope right now.
  • trina33
    trina33 Posts: 58 Member
    So, eat some ice cream today and get back on track tomorrow. If you slip on the ice in the winter do you sit there forever, or do you get up and try again? We all slip now and then---just get back on track.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    If you are smack in the middle of of 'recommended weight range' and you look to be at a good weight, stop. Why do you think you need to loose any more than recommended?
  • niece76
    niece76 Posts: 1 Member
    Don't quit and don't get frustrated. You just need to satisfy your sweet tooth! If you keep denying yourself you will fail. I agree with the previous post...try Skinny Cow Ice cream and you can have what you want without the calories. :-) Have you tried decreasing some of your carbs if you are at a standstill? Or better yet trying a new exercise. Plateaus can be wicked frustrating!
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    I think you should do what will make you happy. If you are healthy at your current weight, and would feel better not stressing yourself to lose the rest, I don't see anything wrong with stopping here. You can always start up again after a little while if you become unhappy or change your mind. Life is short! Do what's best for your well-being.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    If you set a goal for yourself, then you know you really do want to reach that goal. If you stop anywhere before it, then you are only shortchanging yourself. But think of it as dropping out of college when you only have a few credits shy of graduation... don't you wanna kick its butt and be proud of yourself for doing it?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    If you quit now will you be really happy with yourself, or will you feel like you settled. And if you quit and start eating ice cream and all the things you did before and stop exercising all the weight you have lost will come back quickly. I think you should indulge in a small bowl of ice cream and then get back on track and try to get the last few pounds off. Think of how good you will feel when you reach your goal.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    DON'T QUIT! And DO have some ice cream. There are some great, healthy choices out there so don't deprive yourself. Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    If your craving some ice cream, have some ice cream. Skinny cow has these brilliant ice cream sandwiches that are awesome. I am sure there are others out there too. This day will pass. If continuing is something you are questioning, at least ask yourself if you want to give up on a full tummy. Push hard through this day, you may just find yourself stronger and having much pride for making it through. Good luck, you got this!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    theres a little voice in my ear today (i think its my sweet tooth!) telling me I should quit and just be happy at 2/3 of the way to my goal weight.

If I quit now I'll look *ok* .... I'm bang in the middle of recommended weight range - not fat or thin, just average.

If I keep going I'll be slim.

what to do? I just really want some ice cream today I think and haven't lost anything for 10 days or so, so am just a bit sick of it at this stage :blushing:
    So Girl! Go eat some icecream and simply fit it into your day. No reason to quit because you want a treat. :flowerforyou: We all have moments when we want to quit doing things in life. But really, quitting isn't the answer, if you're ok with your weight, simply slip over to maitenance and go from there. Then it wouldnt' be quitting.:drinker:

Enjoy the icecream:tongue: . You could buy a single serving in any grocery store, even the real thing, forget the skinny cow fake stuff (ok, I eat it on occasion but if you really WANT icecream today, I'd recommend you plan in the REAL THING so you don't feel cheated)!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    So, eat some ice cream today and get back on track tomorrow.
    Better yet, enjoy a treat, fit it into your day and stay on track today instead of waiting until tomorrow!:drinker: :wink:
  • molberts
    molberts Posts: 35
    Thanks everyone :bigsmile:

I'm on a quite strict diet (dukan) and I'm just having a whiney moment I guess. I feel better now, thanks a lot :heart:

Maybe I will have a wee scoop of ice cream then take the dogs for a long walk. :smile:
    If you are smack in the middle of of 'recommended weight range' and you look to be at a good weight, stop. Why do you think you need to loose any more than recommended?

The recommended "healthy weight range" for my height is 141 - 113lbs so its a BIG range. I'm aiming for 119lbs. I feel I'll look slim but not skinny at that weight and my "magic jeans" fit at that weight too. :laugh:
  • momma69
    momma69 Posts: 16
    why not just have low fat frozen yogurt?? Or excersie to burn off your ice cream...don't just quit....
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Have some ice cream but don't "quit". . .you may be at a healthy weight range and look good right now and that's GREAT. . .I'm proud of you for getting so far!! But if you QUIT you may end up being back at square one because after all this is a lifestyle change. . .so you can treat yourself once in a while without quitting!! Good luck :smile:
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Never quit: there is no failure UNLESS you quit. You can get momentarily sidetracked--that's okay. Everyone has those moments. None of us are perfect. But do NOT QUIT!!!!!!!

(This is your conscience speaking.)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Thanks everyone :bigsmile:

I'm on a quite strict diet (dukan) and I'm just having a whiney moment I guess. I feel better now, thanks a lot :heart:

Maybe I will have a wee scoop of ice cream then take the dogs for a long walk. :smile:

The recommended "healthy weight range" for my height is 141 - 113lbs so its a BIG range. I'm aiming for 119lbs. I feel I'll look slim but not skinny at that weight and my "magic jeans" fit at that weight too. :laugh:
    whoa...that is kinda low! :) You'll probably better know how you feel as you get down a bit more, I keep changing my goal so I'm not 100% where I'll end up either. I don't wanna be boney but would like to be healthy looking and toned.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Is there any question.. do you run a marathon and stop on mile 20?

*like* gonna have to remember that one!
  • ninnysgirls
    ninnysgirls Posts: 16 Member
    You can do it. I am kind of stuck to. I'm 10 pounds from my dream goal. I think I look ok, pretty good, friends say, "You don't need to lose anymore." But if I want to look great then I need to focus and do everything right to lose the last 10. My percent of belly fat is also to much which is a health risk. You have come so far, you can do it! Just refocus and think about the image of yourself that you want to achieve! I'm pulling for you. PS Don't let a little ice cream get the way of your dream!
This discussion has been closed.