Help! Food VS Moving

Options
What did you eat while moving to a new home? I am back sliding to old fast food habits!

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    When we moved we made sure there was fresh food in the house. We made the choice to spend a bit more for the prewashed, precut, etc foods so it would be easier without resorting to fast food.

We bought a lot of bagged salad and wraps along with pre-shredded cheeses. We got precooked and precut chicken for my husband or the low sodium lunch meats. I left my little grill to the very end so we could still cook things like meat and grill veggies or make warm sandwiches.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Great ideas. Thanks!
  • evshel
    evshel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the same thing. Thanks for the ideas!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    we made sure the grill was set up and used that while everything was being packed up/unpacked.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The other day I bought a tub of salad greens, a can of black beans, some salsa, avocado, and cucumber. I got home, opened the salad, rinsed the black beans and added them to the salad mix, scooped on some salsa, added some avocado and cucumber, and then topped it with a little bit of balsamic vinaigrette dressing. All in the plastic salad tub...easy and delicious! Fruit is the original fast food!! Just peel a banana or bite into an apple.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea.Thanks!
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches, raw fruit and vegetables.