Unfortunately, but fortunately.

I'm not one to feel super guilty about deleting people on my friends list who aren't active on this website. With that being said, though--it's UNFORTUNATE when I have to sift through and let people go. Mostly because a majority are people who have sent me requests following a post similar to this one. A post where I ask for people who are serious about their goals and who believe in supporting their "friends" & who are seeking the same thing in return to send me a friend request.

I don't care about the number of people on my friends list. I care about the number of people who I can support and who can do the same for me. As time goes on, i'm sure new people join this site, but I don't spend much time searching through it.

I just had to de-friend quite a few people, & i'm hoping there's others still out there who can become part of the amazing support system I have developed by reaching out on here in this exact way. FORTUNATELY, I have some friends on my page who have made worlds of differences for me in my journey and I hope i've helped them too.

With that--send me a request if this sounds like something you're about.

Good luck achieving all that you all are looking to achieve. Believe in yourselves because you CAN make this happen. <3

Replies

• goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    I tell ya'll she's ^^^^ a REALLY GOOD MFP buddy :-) Love her words of motivation.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    I'm right there with ya darlin'!! I don't like deleting people but at the same time I don't want to "collect" friends here. I want people that support me back, so I see what you are saying. :flowerforyou:
  • clobern
    clobern Posts: 341 Member
    Unless otherwise notified, if someone is gone a week I gotta let 'em go. Can't be serious if you're not trying.

Request sent!
  • I tell ya'll she's ^^^^ a REALLY GOOD MFP buddy :-) Love her words of motivation.

You're the best <3
  • I'm right there with ya darlin'!! I don't like deleting people but at the same time I don't want to "collect" friends here. I want people that support me back, so I see what you are saying. :flowerforyou:

I don't like it but it has to be done sometimes, ya know? I can't keep people around that are just a square picture to me. It's a waste. xoxo.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    I don't draw the line at inactivity, but that's a really good reason to delete someone. Another reason to clean 'em on out is an absolute inability to commit to what this takes.

My mantra lately is "Don't complain about results you didn't get from work you didn't do" -- It is hard to have sympathy for someone who refuses to exercise (unless it is walking/shopping) and who's diary looks like a fast food menu board. Hey, we all have our days when we eat every chocolate bar/cupcake/Tator tot in sight, consider Ruffles are a fine meal, and can barely make it from the car to the couch after work. But if your diary is full of processed sugar and fried food, with zero fresh veggies/fruit and lean protein, and there isn't a burn to be found in a 2 week period, chances are you're not committed.It is really hard to find a good thing to say to the complaint of "I'm not losing!!!!" when unhealthy eating habits are funning the show.

My MFP friends know I can eat my way out of a family size bag of caramal corn, and will likely see an inappropriate portion here and there. But they'll also see a really balanced diet most of the time, and some sort of physical activity every single day. We share diaries for accountability, for also for inspiration. If one of my friends had a really great weigh in, you can bet I'm going to have a peek at what was on the menu and excercise board for the last few days.

If someone is trying, really making an effort to put something other than garbage in their mouth, and making an attempt at physical activity, I'll be a cheerleader with the loudest voice. But if there is a rant about not losing, proceeded by a week of binging at Pizza Hut with Duncan Dougnuts for lunch, you can probably expect to be deleted.
  • Jearl75
    Jearl75 Posts: 2 Member
    You are an amazing person! Keep up the good work, I'll still be here to support you girl.
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    I agree with all of the above. It amazes me how many people treat this like Facebook, or that it's a contest to see how many friends you can collect. It's not about that at all. You gotta do the work to see the results. And the friends you get along the way should definitely be friends that not only give support and motivation, but want it as well (the good, the bad and the ugly). I know I could not have come as far as I have without the support of my core support friends I have on here, they've been great, and hopefully I have motivated a few of them along the way.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    I'm not one to feel super guilty about deleting people on my friends list who aren't active on this website. With that being said, though--it's UNFORTUNATE when I have to sift through and let people go. Mostly because a majority are people who have sent me requests following a post similar to this one. A post where I ask for people who are serious about their goals and who believe in supporting their "friends" & who are seeking the same thing in return to send me a friend request.

I don't care about the number of people on my friends list. I care about the number of people who I can support and who can do the same for me. As time goes on, i'm sure new people join this site, but I don't spend much time searching through it.

I just had to de-friend quite a few people, & i'm hoping there's others still out there who can become part of the amazing support system I have developed by reaching out on here in this exact way. FORTUNATELY, I have some friends on my page who have made worlds of differences for me in my journey and I hope i've helped them too.

With that--send me a request if this sounds like something you're about.

Good luck achieving all that you all are looking to achieve. Believe in yourselves because you CAN make this happen. <3

I hear you. I have a handful, maybe a bit less actually of people who actively engage with me. Most just don't bother but the people who I've really gotten to know are amazing and I appreciate them enormously. I am a supportive person who likes interaction with my friends but I find a lot of people on here are just friend collectors who just want an audience for their own concerns... they don't really give anything back. This is a two way street ! Feel free to add me. I'm a great friend haha x no, seriously I am :indifferent: