Anniversary/Restaurant ideas?!

Options
aippolito1
aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
So, of course a lot of people on here have celebrated anniversaries...but I never really have! I mean, we've celebrated monthiversaries but the "biggest" thing we did was go to a steakhouse that was a bit pricey... this time... I want to go PRICEY. September 19 is my boyfriend & my one year anniversary. Five days later will be his longest relationship, and this is my longest CLOSE distance relationship so it's a big milestone for both of us, individually as it is together!

I really want it to be special...I want to go somewhere we probably will never go again and a place we've obviously never been and don't go often. The only suggestion is no sushi because it doesn't fill him up.

I kmow there are plenty of pricey restaurants in Dallas but I don't know which ones 'cause we always go cheap or to places where they have 2/$20 dinners and such!

Also...I don't want to just do dinner. Do you guys have suggestions for an activity we could do before or after dinner? Maybe we can go to the aquarium! Neither of us has been.

Replies

• bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Have you tried texas de brazil? The last time I was there I was like 17 and it seemed pricey. haha but not sure if your looking for more. Have you tried the Jappense places where they cook in front of you? Those are delish and again seem pricey...
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    I was only in Dallas once for a conference, but we went to a fusion place...I think it was actually called Fuse. They had sushi, but also lots of other stuff. It was a really cool building, and defintiely not cheap.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    If you want FABULOUS food try Chef Point cafe in Watauga off 377 in North Richland Hills. The atmospehere isn't fancy (convenience store, for real) but it is definitely unique. It isn't overly pricey but if you want actual good food then price shouldn't matter that much. I have never had a better meal.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't know about restaurants in Dallas, but DEFINITELY go to the aquarium! I had never been and my husband took me in the winter and it was SO MUCH FUN! You could pet sharks at the one we went to, not sure about Dallas, but I still highly recommend it! Enjoy! Have a wonderful time!!!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite restaurants is Craft - its owned by Tom Collichio ( the show Top Chef). The food and the service is outstanding. I have not been to the one in Dallas but I am sure it will be as good as the others. Here is the link to the site which will give you info regarding menu, wine, prices, etc. http://www.craftrestaurant.com/craft_dallas_style.php
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Not sure about restaurants in Dallas but how about a winery tour/tasting before dinner--you get to walk around, sample wines etc..very fun and romantic :) Oh and I also love the aquarium idea
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Not sure about restaurants in Dallas but how about a winery tour/tasting before dinner--you get to walk around, sample wines etc..very fun and romantic :) Oh and I also love the aquarium idea

We've talked about doing that as there's one close to where we live but neither of us are big wine fans and he HATES walking, lol.
    If you want FABULOUS food try Chef Point cafe in Watauga off 377 in North Richland Hills. The atmospehere isn't fancy (convenience store, for real) but it is definitely unique. It isn't overly pricey but if you want actual good food then price shouldn't matter that much. I have never had a better meal.

Thanks but that's too far to drive!
    One of my favorite restaurants is Craft - its owned by Tom Collichio ( the show Top Chef). The food and the service is outstanding. I have not been to the one in Dallas but I am sure it will be as good as the others. Here is the link to the site which will give you info regarding menu, wine, prices, etc. http://www.craftrestaurant.com/craft_dallas_style.php

I knew his Craft restaurant was in Vegas...is this one in Dallas actually his? I didn't know he had one here. Hmmm!! I've always wanted to try his food!
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My favorite restaurant is Melting Pot. If you get the coq au vin cooking style, which is a bouillon base, it's better for your than the traditional cooking style in oil. You can also make it as healthy (or unhealthy) as you want by skipping cheese and/or desert. There are at least 3 or maybe 4 in the DFW area. There's also a similar place called Simply Fondue, which is on the cheaper side I hear (but I've never been). Reservations highly recommended.

If you want something really crazy try Wolfgang Puck's Asian Fusion restaurant at the top of the Reunion Tower "560" so named because it is 560 ft in the air! The whole restaurant rotates giving you a view of the Dallas skyline. It's pretty phenomenol. Entrees start around $30 and go up to I think they had a $90 steak. I recommend the crab cake appetizer. Reservations are required.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    You could do the Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament in Dallas.

http://www.medievaltimes.com/
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I've heard people talk a lot about Fogo de Chao. http://www.fogodechao.com/

My friend and her BF went to Reunion Tower in Dallas, that is supposedly pricey AND cool (because of the view).

Do the aquarium! I love going to the zoo and aqauariums. Never been to the one in Dallas thouogh, so you can tell me all about it.

Congrats and have fun!
  • shannie_lou
    shannie_lou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ok--one of THE most romantic things my husband did for our anniversary was pull out a list of 26 things he loved about me--each thing began with a letter of the alphabet. While we were dining he worked his way through the alphabet...I cried. Free and classy!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    Okay, I can't believe I didn't think of Melting Pot, or the Japanese cook-in-front-of-you places (he used to go a lot with his family so I think I'll leave that for later. I really want to try some place neither of us has experienced before) and Reunion Tower! We've talked about going there and that would be in the same general direction of the aquarium.

Thanks so much for the ideas, guys! Keep 'em coming if so desired. :happy: Then if he turns down my ideas, I've got more! ha!
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    [

I knew his Craft restaurant was in Vegas...is this one in Dallas actually his? I didn't know he had one here. Hmmm!! I've always wanted to try his food!
    [/quote]

I tried Craftsteak in Vegas, if the Dallas one is anything like that you should go there, it was AMAZING!!!
  • aippolito1
    Options
    A couple of the reviews on the UrbanSpoon app on my iPhone referenced him and one guy said he's eaten at his Vegas & NYC locations and the Dallas is just as good so I REALLY want to go now. I've been SUCH a fan of Top Chef and always knew if I went to Vegas, I'd have to eat there...I still want to go to Vegas but now I don't have to wait to eat his food 'til I go! So, right now it's a toss up between Craft and the Reunion Tower restaurant (I couldn't find it under the name that was posted her earlier though so it's probably going to be out)... we'll probably end up at Craft just 'cause the bf loooves steak and so do I. I have a couple other suggestions so we'll see! I may surprise him with where we're going since I am planning it, mostly. :]