Does Cake Really Talk?

Options
Sometimes this is why I know I am not as strong as I would like to believe. Okay my sister (who works the same place as I) called this morning to tell me about some cake at work in the fridge (chocolate on chocolate - my absolute favorite, which she knows I am weak when it comes to chocolate:devil: ) that she bought for her shift that nobody ate and to, as she put it, "please take some so it won't go to waste, I already took 4 pieces home." I graciously thanked her and thought, "Hell naw":noway: I ain't touching that cake, matter of fact, I'm not even going to look at it, I am going to put my lunchbox in the other fridge:wink: No problem, until about 1030 when a co-worker had the nerve to say, "oh yea your sister wanted me to remind you abou the cake in the fridge." I said okay, thanks, again NO PROBLEM.:noway: Well here's where the problem comes in, I go to get my lunch, forgetting I had put my lunchbox in the other fridge and what is staring at me just as chocolate as it want to be? You guessed it, that damn Sinfully Deliecious Chocolate Cake!!!!!! :frown: It even had the nerve to call my name as I attempted to close the fridge, WTH!!!!! :huh: : So I go to my lunchbox, pull it out and commence to fix my grilled cheese sandwich and needed my butter which was in the same fridge as the cake. I said to myself, you can do this, you do this, I quickly opened the fridge grabbed my butter and again I heard my name, yes it was the cake, I promise.:huh: :blushing: Anyway, while my sandwich was cooking, all I kept thinking was, " 1 little piece won't hurt" then I thought, "yes it would you have worked hard the last couple of days." Okay, last time I had to open the fridge and put back my butter and guess what....... I cut me a piece!!!!! :sad: Don't like cold cake, so I bought back to my office, where it sat until I finished eating my lunch. After lunch I took 4 bites (small ones) and put the rest in the trash, after all that, the cake tasted too sweet and I could not bring myself to eat the rest :sick:

So I am here to tell you, if I can do it, so can you!!!!! Determination and Persuasion are not related, don't be fooled by there sound alike endings ~ Determination is related to Motivation, I am even more determined now to continue on the rest of my day without the nasty thought of, "I should of had a piece of cake," I had the bites and now I am moving on. My motivation is the 6 mile walk I will take tonight!!!! :drinker: :tongue:

I really do hope everyone is having a great day and thanks so much for letting me vent about this! Are you Determined or Persuaded?

Replies

• katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Cake talks. Just like the coffee flavored ice cream in the freezer right now. It wants me to eat it. I've purposely let it get freezerburn.
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Good for you!! Today is my hubby's birthday and I bought a small yellow cake for us to share (with our son). Our bakery will take larger sheet cakes and cut them down (basically a 2 portion size) and sell them. I was happy I opted for this rather than the whole cake which will taunt me in the worst way until it is eaten or tossed! Cake DOES talk...I've even caught the little bit in the fridge winking at me :laugh:
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    Yes, cake talks as well as other sinfully fattening foods we all love!:laugh:

When I came in from work the other night my husband had not cooked and was trying to get me to order some pizza and wings ... NOT ....
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Oh YAH cake talks...:laugh:
    And so do those Entemans mini chocolate covered donuts (we call them Plastic donuts here..). :noway: I refuse to let them in the house because I can hear them calling my name.:cry:
  • pineappleroo
    pineappleroo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chocolate talks to me. We have a very special bond. I've managed to work it into my every day calories. 1/2 tbsp chocolate syrup into my morning coffee. Now things like that don't bother me so much since I know I'm always going to have more tomorrow.
  • Angowen
    Angowen Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you for this, it was entertaining as can be!!!! The cake talks, the ice cream talks, even the damn popcorn talks!
  • ArmyWife815
    Options
    Now when popcorn talks ... I usually listen !:laugh:
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    And so do those Entemans mini chocolate covered donuts (we call them Plastic donuts here..). :noway: I refuse to let them in the house because I can hear them calling my name.:cry:

Oh, how Entemans talk - I have their bakery behind my house.....now that's tough! And the outlet store less than a block away!
  • HeatherCanDoIt
    HeatherCanDoIt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are fantastic and you made me smile after a crappy day! The only problem is....Now I want cake! :)
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you ppl!! On my way back home all I could think of was cake, :devil: cake cake, and ice cream!!:grumble: I Made myself change my routine route and stopped at the library instead and by the time I was done there. Cake? What cake?

Amazing how a little distraction squashes that cake voice! I figured if I ate cake, there'd have to be icecream, then would come more cravings and then my jeans that are from 'skinny' pile would not be fitting as well (aka lying on the bed, if ya know what I mean:sad: )

So cake be damned!

Gonna have a turkey, tomato, cheese pita :tongue:
    :drinker:
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    You are fantastic and you made me smile after a crappy day! The only problem is....Now I want cake! :)
    :noway: Same thing happened to me!:laugh:
  • katlou2
    katlou2 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Too funny! There were donuts talking to me the other day that I actually said NO to and Leave me the Hell alone! LOL You did great by taking it in small pieces. One of my friends on here just posted today about having a small piece of ice cream cake and still being under her calories. That no food is bad just the amount of it we eat. So if we can master moderation we can totally master this new lifestyle! You go GIRL!!!
  • JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is very funny.... I just got back 2 minutes ago from the store to get my kids some snacks for a sleep over tonight and got a small cup of friendly's recees ice cream. I thought oh 230 calories not too bad but i only have 210 for the night so i am trting to leave it there and make some calories for tomorrow lol.

Thanks for the laugh
  • 1QueenB
    1QueenB Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You guys are absolutely awesome!!!! :bigsmile: I am so glad to be able to provide a laugh for you in the midst of all this madness of trying to stay on track, getting healthy and not being PERSUADED!!!!!! When I read it back just now, I couldn't do nothing but laugh again :laugh: Here's to better choices today, for a healther us tomorrow:drinker:
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    [/quote]

When I came in from work the other night my husband had not cooked and was trying to get me to order some pizza and wings ... NOT ....
    [/quote]

You go Kayle!!!!! Get him straight, you are in this for the long haul Diva! You are no cheap trick who can be pursuaded by pizza and wings!!!
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    :noway: Same thing happened to me!:laugh:

Glad to be of service Ladies!!!!
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    That is very funny.... I just got back 2 minutes ago from the store to get my kids some snacks for a sleep over tonight and got a small cup of friendly's recees ice cream. I thought oh 230 calories not too bad but i only have 210 for the night so i am trting to leave it there and make some calories for tomorrow lol.

Thanks for the laugh

You will do it because you know what's at stake if you don't!!!! But I feel your pain!
  • 1QueenB
    Options
    Too funny! There were donuts talking to me the other day that I actually said NO to and Leave me the Hell alone! LOL You did great by taking it in small pieces. One of my friends on here just posted today about having a small piece of ice cream cake and still being under her calories. That no food is bad just the amount of it we eat. So if we can master moderation we can totally master this new lifestyle! You go GIRL!!!

Thanks! I have come a long way, but I have so much further to go, it's just nice knowing so many others can relate and can provide the encouragement and support I need!
  • 1QueenB
    Options

Oh, how Entemans talk - I have their bakery behind my house.....now that's tough! And the outlet store less than a block away!

Oh I would be running to find me somewhere else to live, because that would be to much temptation for one woman to handle!! LOL