In a rut?

Options
From 460+ to 390 from Jan 11 to Mid-May. Been stuck between 390-395 since. I am losing inches: clothes are looser, seat belt in the truck is comfier, I can sit in chairs with arms (these ARE the devil), I can sit behind a golf cart wheel, I get daily affirmations from general folks, etc. But, the scale won't budge. I've worked out more. I've worked out less. I'm the most active I've been in a long time. I've eaten less (caloric deficit). I've eaten more (close to my max for days at a time). The dang scale is mocking me! Who is there with me, has suggestions, etc???

Replies

• kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I experienced the same thing last month. Weight only went down 3.5 lbs but fat mass reduced by 8 lbs. So things were defiantly changing on the inside but not being reflected on the scale. You probably have increased your muscle, so give it awhile for the scale to move. I weigh in tomorrow, hopefully the scale will move this month more than it did last month. I have increased my exercise a lot this month and hope that does not have an effect on the scale. Time will tell.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    toss the f-ing scale out the window... if you are getting smaller with inches and healthier than why would you care about a number on the scale.

last summer i went 2 months without losing a pound but i knew i was getting stronger and smaller.
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Eat well, drink water, and just keep exercising. When I first started at the gym my weight did not budge at all as my body was adjusting to my new regime. Just don't worry about what the scale says, and if it is stressing you out have someone take it away so you cannot weigh yourself for a month until your body adjusts. Your clothes are fitting better, you are losing inches, and you FEEL better. That's what's important my friend.
  • issypops
    issypops Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm just starting out on this long road, so I'm a long way of knowing the answers but I do read a lot and one thing that does come across time and time again is that plateaus,setback and patience seem to be universal to all those posting about success You do seem to have been given some really sensible advice especially about weighing yourself less, If it's only about what's on the scale you're missing all the great changes your body must be going through. You have lost a lot of weight already in a relatively short time so your body is likely to need a time for readjustment and catchup every once in a while.

Stick in there, I'm sure June will reward you for your hard work
    Angela
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I feel the sameway, hoping to post a nice loss soon. Just keep telling myself that if nothing else I am losing inches and building muscle. You are doing a great and are an amazing MFP friend!
  • thedietguru
    Options
    toss the f-ing scale out the window... if you are getting smaller with inches and healthier than why would you care about a number on the scale.

last summer i went 2 months without losing a pound but i knew i was getting stronger and smaller.

^^^^ This.

Out of curiosity though.. how many calories a day are you getting?
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Stop jumping around methods. Stick with one for several weeks and re-assess.