When does everyone weigh themselves?

Options
I have been doing this off an on for about 6 weeks and I am scared to get on the scale...... I've weighed in when I created my account and again about 2 wks ago....should I be weighing myself every week, every day, every month?

Replies

• JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was doing it every 2 weeks then i started once a week. I do it every friday morning because I feel that if you do it on a monday morning then if you slip a little over the weeked it will show more and it will discourage you from your goal. Thats what works for me.

Good Luck
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Most sources tend to say that you should weigh yourself once a week or so.... day-to-day fluctuations mean that your weight can go up or down a pound or two each day due to water alone, so that can be a bit of an emotional yo-yo. :) However, I personally weigh myself every day or two in the morning before breakfast. I'd like to have the discipline to weigh myself every week, but I hate the idea of not being able to catch any significant gains within a couple of days.

Weigh yourself as often as you are comfortable with, I think. But don't be scared!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    It's kind of a matter of preference. Most people seem to weigh in once a week. I stressed too much and now weigh myself once a month. But whatever you feel comfy doing :wink:

My advice is just be sure to do it the same time every time, and under the same circumstances. For example, I weigh myself first thing in the morning, after I pee, before I eat, in just my nightshirt or underwear.

And not more than once a week! You'll make yourself crazy! :sick:
  • sarajanette
    Options
    Thank you!
  • sarajanette
    Options
    Makes sense..... thank you!
  • sarajanette
    Options
    I'm already crazy.... LOL! Thank you.... liked your advice!
  • freenow
    freenow Posts: 7
    Options
    I weigh once a week...but weight should not be the focus, as the more weight training you do the more muscle we gain. Of course we all know that muscle weighs more than fat. Celebrate your loss of inches:)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, just because I use the Wii Fit for weighing myself and it says to at least weigh yourself, even if you're not exercising daily. Plus, I'm too much of a control freak to do it weekly, but I wish I could do it less often and save myself the stress.
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Monday's it helps me be watchful on the weekends :happy: I don't want this to happen :noway:
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Usually every Sunday morning
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I record my wt on Thursday mornings and Monday mornings. Most people seem to do it once per week however. Actually, I usually peek at my wt every morning but only record it twice a week. Most say not to do this. Not sure why, but I do it anyway. I guess Im just a rebel
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I always weigh once a week on Monday mornings. . .right after I get out of bed, before I eat or drink anything :bigsmile:
  • shrublet
    shrublet Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I was doing it every 2 weeks then i started once a week. I do it every friday morning because I feel that if you do it on a monday morning then if you slip a little over the weeked it will show more and it will discourage you from your goal. Thats what works for me.

Good Luck

JustForMe- I really like your idea of doing it on a Friday morning to discourage weekend slip-ups. :)
  • Bighank7752
    Options
    I weigh in every month or two. I use it as a medium range scorecard. Everyday I log in my food and exercise. That is where the long term answer is. If I do the right things on a daily basis then the scale will take care of itself.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I was weighing daily knowing it could vary up or down. At the end of the week I take the loss or gain seriously. Daily gives me the chance to look at what I am eating and the exercise i am doing to make things better. Whatever works for you is the best way.
  • jayz_gal2004
    jayz_gal2004 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily on my Wii Fit. I may be overly neurotic about it though:0) I fI go a day without weighing my self I spend the rest of the day wondering:

"Did I gain weight?", "Did I Lose weight?", "Do I look bigger?", ........................etc.

BUT....whatever works for you! Some say I am obsessive but it keeps me sane and on track.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning. With my size and activity levels I can actually fluctuate up to 5 lbs in one day. For those of you who can't get out of the daily weighing habit, do what I do; put the scale in the closet and only bring it out on weighing day. Takes my mind of weight so I can focus on sticking to my numbers every day. I don't go by the number on the scale. I go by the totals for my daily intake. If I stay at or below them, I know I'll lose weight. It's a beutiful thing, and I don't need to weigh myself constantly to give myself feedback on the choices I'm making.