One sore calf? why?!

Options
Hi, Ive been doing the 30 day shred for about 5 days now and one of my calf muscles is hurting. It is my left one on the back to the outside only.

I was wondering why?

I dont use shoes when doing the 30 day shred, but I do when walking or when I'm at the gym (I get unbalanced when I wear running shoes for some reason)
I'm on day 5. Its been hurting since day 4.
This leg should be my strong one, as I broke my foot on my other leg and it was inactive for about 6 weeks. (Is it possible im favouring this leg and that's why its not hurting?)
Only hurts when I walk on it.

Replies

• xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump?
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Do you have any health problems? Does it hurt to press on it? Is it swollen? If yes to any of those, I'd suggest calling a doctor. I had what I thought to be a pulled muscle in my calf....it was a blood clot. So now, anytime someone says calf pain I recommend getting it checked. On the other hand, the 30DS is notorious for injuries.
  • drift
    drift Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I can't do 30ds without shoes, there's a lot of high impact moves that my old bones need cushioning for. If its muscular it should respond to RICE, rest, ice,compression, elevation. If its hot, swollen, then a trip to the drs. If it does settle, the downward facing dog yoga pose is great for stretching calves, before and after the shred.