Had a Bad day!

Options
I've weighed myself today and I've gained 3lb's. On top of this I went over my calorie target & my exercise failed to drag down my over all day. Feeling so disheartened right now. I know that tomorrow is a new day & I can get right back on that horse. I just feel like I've let myself down, looking at the numbers. I was doing so well and suddenly BAM! I'm not looking for sympathy, don't worry. I just needed to get that out of my system.

Replies

• BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Everything is cyclical. You have the right idea; tomorrow is another day. Feel free to add me and we'll keep the motivation high!
  • jennij1984
    jennij1984 Posts: 47
    Options
    We all have those days from time to time! Start over tomorrow and do your best!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate more than I should, this morning I was up and out the house by 5:15 a.m, had a good workout and eating with range today. Some days are going to be like that.

One of the things I find that help me is to always have fresh pineapple in the house to eat as a snack (one in the refrigerator and one on the table ripening). If I am feeling for something sweet, just a few slices and I am satisfy.
  • CarolElaine25
    Options
    That was my end of April/beginning of May. Lots of various celebrations and not much time to fit in exercise. I easily gained 2 lbs (though maybe more - my water weight was all over the place).

I've been working hard and I've gotten 1/2 a pound under where I was before the celebrations started. I've no doubt that you can, too! And remember, some of that additional 3 lbs is is probably water weight, if not all of it.
  • fatburnd2012
    Options
    I know the feeling. Don't worry about it, just get back on track and maybe lower carbs and drink more water for a few days(I am really going to follow my own advice as I went totally mental the past few days myself!)

Best of luck to you. Keep trying. Some of it could be water weight!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    After going through several of "those days" and surviving...I just decided that it's all part of the process and wouldn't defeat me. There are so many factors that can result in a temporary gain...as long as you don't make it a permanent one by giving up. You're stronger than that.
  • jadeyq1
    jadeyq1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's probably water retention or muscle gain from recent exercise :) It'll be gone again in no time!

Tomorrow is a new day, forget about today :) x
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    This is a feeling I know all too well... and so many times I really let that same feeling bring me down. I am guilty of the "well I just screwed up everything so I might as well quit" mind set and the reason all of my previous attempts failed. But now I just understand that this is my life.... I am allowed to eat things, I am allowed to be tired or unmotivated from time to time.... but then ya pick yourself back up the next day and get to it! One bad day won't ruin everything. I recently went to cape cod for 5 days and ate lots of ice cream, fried seafood, salt water taffy... came home and work my butt off and BOOM - I had lost almost a pound still. So just keep at it... it's okay to enjoy food from time to time :)