A tiny success....

Options
So I just started getting back into the routine of going to the gym and trying to eat well this week. Usually I do a pretty good job for a little while and then just flake out. And I'm the queen of excuses. A typical me move would be:

"Oh, I had to stay an hour late at work tonight, it's definitely too late to workout....oh and since I didn't workout it's pointless to care about what I eat, I should just pick up some McDonald's".

Well, yesterday was my birthday....a totally valid excuse to let myself out of going to the gym, right? Wrong! Not anymore! I had to leave work late, go home before I could go (another good excuse to just not go)...AND I had a chocolate chip cookie to celebrate (eating junk food also used to equal no gym...what's the point? I already ate more than I'd work off anyways!).

I totally broke my old pattern. I didn't care that it was birthday, or that I had to start later than normal.....it still went AND I did a little extra cardio to help work off that cookie!

Small victory.....huge smile!!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!! :drinker:

happy belated birthday!!
  • Sandrea03
    Options
    Excellent job!!!! Doesn't it make you feel great and in control?!?!
  • Shawna35
    Shawna35 Posts: 65
    Options
    Great job! And happy birthday!! :happy:
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Happy b-lated birthday. Just remember that fitness is mostly mental so keep that frame of mind intact.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Keep it up ! It is good that you are staying true to yourself. It isn't easy to tell yourself no sometimes... Yesterday I looked at a bad of chips and just walked away. If I want something I make sure it fits into my calorie intake of the day.....
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    it's a start! great job.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    thats a huge success!!!! congrats and happy birthday
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you. (a little late) Your doing a great job. just a cookie is great. What a gift to yourself. Congrats for sticking with it on your birthday.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday!!

When my birthday came around this year, I asked my husband not to buy me a bday cake, I told him that I would like one of those edible arrangements instead.
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    That's a huge step! Right on way to rock it out!
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Thank you for sharing your success. Since I too am a queen of excuses, I found your post motivating.
  • bcakes81178
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success. Since I too am a queen of excuses, I found your post motivating.

Thank you!!!! I've never motivated anyone before!!!!

And thank you to everyone else too!

I've been wondering if I'd come to the right place for support losing weight....you guys have totally removed any doubt I had!!! :heart:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great! I also went to the gym on my birthday!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!