HELP!! Meal Plans for Vegetarians?? Photos Please :)

Options
Please help!! Im trying to cut out high carb foods from my diet and increase my Protein and Im really struggling to not gnaw my arm off between meals! Ive cut out fruit, bread, pasta, and beans. I already eating a lot of tofu, tempeh and eggs... but I need to mix it up a little. Ideas? Flavours? Variations? Alternatives? Im not a vegan, but I am very cautious to not start digging into cheese or nuts.

Anyone have any great vegetarian meals they can share. Pref high protein, or at least, very filling.

Breakfast has always been a tricky one for me (I make it for on the go to have at work). I used to do Green Smoothies, but have since stopped after cutting out my fruit :ohwell: . Any great protein shake recipes that can be made on the go? :smile:

Replies

• sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat vegan.
    Feel free to check out my food diary.
    I also have a link to some recipes I use.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7r0I5O2IBntZkFoYUtPRzRHdkU&usp=sharing
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lowcarb as a veg would be hard. Really consider reintroducing beans, as they're full of fibre and protein in addition to the carbs, so they won't spike your blood sugar and then crash back down. Similarly with quinoa, there's a lot of nutrition and it's only a little higher in carbohydrate than a typical lowcarb diet would be.

For a low-carb smoothie, try 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1-2 tbsp. chia seeds (high protein!), and then a handful of spinach in the blender. The protein powder might hold you over a couple of hours, and the vanilla in the protein powder will add some sweetness, along with the almond milk.

Also, if you're willing to reintroduce beans, I love the edamame beans in their pods (frozen section of the supermarket, boil for 4 mins, drain, toss with sea salt or soy sauce/Tamari). They're incredibly fun to eat and very filling. Just squeeze the pod between your fingers or lips to release the beans inside.
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oooooo.... that smoothie sounds Fab! Thanks!! I loooove Chia seeds.

I never thought of preparing edamane at home. I see where you are coming from. At the end of the day, if I can keep the calories down and the cravings under control Im for it. Ill give this is a go.

Cheers :happy:
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks Sarah!! That link of recipes is awesome. Def be trying out some Veg sloppy joes :wink:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Here's my pinterest board of recipes: http://pinterest.com/crista_b/living-the-veg-life/
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Almond butter on half a bagel thin or ezekiel bread is a good choice. I also like to add chia powder to cereal to add omega 3 and some extra protein. After workouts, I often drink a combination of light soymilk and vegan protein powder to help with muscle recovery. Nuts are another good way to add some relatively low-carb protein to a meal (I add walnuts or pecans to spinach salads a lot).
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love your pinterest board!