Calling all females 5ft8in!

Options
I'm want to get some number together on what is considered 'healthy' for our height.

163, size 10. 37-29.5-37 Measurements.

Replies

• janjenva
    Options
    If you go to the TOOLS section of this site, there are great calculators that will give you all the info you want or need. It was such a hugs help to me.

Hope this helps!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Not sure yet.....I still have some weight to go before I am in the healthy range. Currently at 186 pounds and size 14-16. Current measurements are 40.25 - 34.75 - 45 (bust-waist-hips). I know a healthy BMI range is around 125-165 but not sure about measurements.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I am quarter of an inch under 5' 8", so not sure if my weight and measurements are any good for you, but just in case:

154lbs, size 12 (UK), measurements: 39 1/4 bust, 28 1/2 waist, 39 3/4 hips.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Depending on how you're framed, 128 is probably too low. I'm 5'9" and I'm shooting for about 155-160. You appear to have curves. Don't sacrifice them for a number!
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well- I know these measurements are not healthy...but currently..
    Weight: 206
    Height: 5'8"
    Bust: 45
    Waist: 34
    Hips: 43

(The bust is bigger cause I'm still nursing the youngest :laugh: )

And I can wear a 14 jeans comfortably. Shirts are still an XL.

When I was at a "healthy" weight..around 150.....I just remember wearing 10's in jeans, medium shirts. I don't remember the exact measurements.
    I think it depends alot on muscle mass and bone structure. 150 is huge to some people- on me- I was a bone.
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't think BMI is a great way to calculate where you should be. BMI calculations say that at 5'8" I should still have to lose 80 lbs to be "normal" and that's to barely slide into normal range. If I lose 80 lbs I'm sure I would DIE lol! I am shooting for 160 which is where you're at. I think you look amazing; if you want to lose a little more then do it for your well being and your satisfaction. Make sure you're being healthy about it and not stripping away your muscle. Start toning up and see how you feel! :)
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    "Calling all females 5ft8in!"

Hey, you stole my line!
  • KatalynasMommy
    KatalynasMommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Your measurement are GREAT. I think your fine where you are but it depends on how you feel about yourself. You don't want to lose those curves you have going for you right now.

I'm 5'4 size 10 stretch measurments 38 hips 31 waist 38 bust

I'm trying for 36 hips 28 waist 36 bust or a healthy body fat percent.
  • shannie_lou
    shannie_lou Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and am shooting for 148 lbs. My husband doesn't want me to get ugly skinny & looking emaciated. I'm too, "straight," weighing any less than that.

Here is a great site that determines weight based on your frame, small, med or large.

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm
  • akgrant
    akgrant Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I am currently 149, between size 10 and 8, 36-34-37. I've checked out some websites that put the healthy range somewhere between 135-165. I think we have to take into consideration how we are built and how we feel too. For me, 135 is too small...I've been there before and I think I looked anoxeric (sp?) and my head looks too big for my body! :laugh: 145 is ok but I hold most of my weight in my belly so everywhere else looks small but my belly sticks out so I'm shooting for 140. Hope that helps!
  • carolinaf6
    carolinaf6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11...a bit taller...128 is a little small for your height. You have to pay attention to how you look, feel, what size you are, and of course measurements, but not so much weight.

My measurements...and I only want to lose another 4-5 lbs...

5'11

35-27-40 (busy-waist-hips)
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 81/2 inches tall and weigh 131.2 pounds. I wear size 4 or 6 depending on the brand, I am also considered small boned. I think height and weight should take into consideration the frames size of the person, small, medium or large. I believe to find your frame size you measure your wrist. One easy way to determine your body frame size is to wrap your thumb and major fingers around the smallest part of your wrist.

If the fingers overlap you are a small frame.
    If your fingers just about touch your are a medium frame.
    If your fingers don't touch you are a large .
    or go to the following site : framehttp://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/bodyFrame.php
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 194 but once I got down to 170 and I was wearing size 8 comfortably. I can't imagine being 130 and still looking healthy.

My goal right now is 165. Once I reach 165 I may decide to go lower but not until I get there.

:flowerforyou:
  • labelleariane
    labelleariane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5'8" - 155lbs
    waist: 33
    Hips: 39
    bust: 36

Goal: 135-140lbs
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    It depends on your frame size and how much muscle you have. With a large frame size and alot of muscle, yes 168 is totally healthy. Small frame size and little to no muscle, totally not.

I'm large frame size and the smallest I've ever been was 124.5 (and dropping that .5 from 125 took months!), my hubby (then BF) described me as scary-hot. Pretty much, at that line where if you cross it, then you've gone to far. I went to school with several girls who had smaller frame sizes and lower weight looked better on them than it did on me. You really have to feel it out yourself and listen to the supportive people around you. They'll let you know when you look good, but might be about to push it too far.