Water.. on the a date?

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
I like to drink my water with a shot of mio and a packet of sweet and low. It ads the sweet taste I crave. Otherwise water is so blah I'd rather be a camel!!

Is it ok on a date to pull out my strawberry watermelon mio and ask for a sugar packet? I NEED it and I am thinking I just can not go out anymore if this isn't acceptable.
I went out with some friends last weekend and they all wanted to go to a microbrew place. Beer, no I'm not going to loose my losses over one night drinking one beer! The waitress made me feel really uncomfortable when I asked for water filled 3/4 of the way. Should I feel forced into having a glass of wine now if i go out? I'm just going to stay home forever. I'm just in tears thinking about this. Does anyone else hate water and need that little extra to get you though a cup?What do you call it when all you feel is pain? When your loved ones look at you and all you feel is shame? When your tired of living and playing this game?
when you know your life is meaningless and your the only one to blame? What do you call it when the hurt is in your soul?
When you smile and laugh but you know its all a show?When you feel like you've hit your all time low? When nothing makes you happy and the darkness around you grows? What do you call it when you feel so alone? When your in your house but it don't feel like home? When you look back in your life and every choice you made now seems wrong? When the wait to die seems too long.
poem by Thalia

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.

Has the woman stepped on that scale hidden beneath your carpet yet?

If she passed the weight test, you might want to wait on the Mio. If not, who cares what she thinks?
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    ill never understand how anyone can hate water. and yes i would find it weird that you had to take out some kind of additive and also add sweetener. i never see anyone do that so it would really stand out.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Just squirt some in her water, too.

Women love it when you put things in their drinks without asking.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I use colorless flavor packets and waitstaff has never noticed or at least never said anything. I get Great Value (Walmart) packets but they only have 3 colorless flavors (Kiwi Strawberry, Grape, and, umm, I forget).

Just get a full glass of water and take a big swig before adding. I gulp of unflavored water ain't gonna kill you. The ol' standby is 'water with lemon', add a sugar/sweeter packet and you have "cheap bazterd lemonade"!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I don't think its a big deal at all. If your friends are supportive of your weightloss then they shouldn't care. And other people like waitresses don't matter because you likely wont see them again.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options

^^this made me spit out MY water!~......from laughing
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Sounds a little obsessive to me. Enjoy the time with your friends
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lol. Wut.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I hope you are joking...if not you need a psychologist...not a sugar packet
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Mio totally causes weight gain, and those waitresses and your friends are sabotaging you. The proper way to drink water is 2/3 of the way full and with a straw or you will never loose any weight.

Good luck on your journey. :flowerforyou:
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    You really need to stop drinking on the job babe.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

^^ you owe me a keyboard. :laugh:
  • TwinMamma09
    TwinMamma09 Posts: 140
    Options
    First of all, it really shouldn't matter what other people think, do what works for you.

My concern is all the artificial crap you are drinking everyday. The flavor packets and artificial sweetener is rough for your body to breakdown all the time. I would work on getting water in its purest form as much as possible. But like I said, don't worry about what other people think. That is just my 2 cents.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    You really need to stop drinking on the job babe.
    or just drink a hell of a lot more.
  • FallynAngyl
    FallynAngyl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I don't drink unflavored water. it just doesn't do it for me. I buy the flavored water from the store, mixed berry, peach, strawberry, whatever. yes it adds some salt to the diet, but very small amount. I doubt anyone would care if you are adding mio to your water unless you went to a restaurant and only ordered water...you probably just got the weird look because she hadn't seen it done before. good luck, and after all, who cares what other people think if its whats right for You?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    OMG...you drink water on the first date?

you sloot.............
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    - - -
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Drink the beer.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I have never seen someone doing that in a restaurant, that being said why not bring your own sweetener with you so you don't have to ask for one and who cares what you decide to drink, it's you not them who is doing the drinking and you not them who cares about how it affects your weight.

Do what makes you happy, who gives a damn what anyone else thinks (well as long as it's nothing illegal lol)
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I hope you are joking...if not you need a psychologist...not a sugar packet

I agree, if drinking water is making you think of poems about not wanting to live, Mio is the least of your problems. Also, one glass of red wine is quite good for you in many ways.