Water.. on the a date?

Options

Replies

• TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I really don't give a flying F what my server thinks. I also special order a lot. It's my life and if they want a tip, they'll have to live with my PITA ways :)
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The way to get your head around drinking pure crystal clear water is to remember all the people in the world who risk their lives every day because all they have to drink is disease ridden fetid puddle water. That realisation will make your water taste sweet as.

Also, you need to drink beer and wine.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I know that awkward feeling of doing things a little bit differently and the people you're with look at you funny... but they usually end up saying "I guess that's why I am getting fatter and you're not!" but still, I can't help but feel a bit like a weirdo. At the end of the day though I feel proud of myself for making the right choices for me! Keeps me happy and they usually get over it very quickly.

In this day and age every second person is walking around with particular allergies or taking medication, so waiters etc should be used to different sorts of requests and chefs and waiters know how important it is to keep their customers happy - wouldn't want an allergic reaction now to begin a new legal case or even just upsetting the customer - at the end of the day they want your money and you to come back. You're the customer, get and ask for what you want. If that's a glass of water 3/4 filled, then so be it. If you're putting something into it yourself, who cares what it is and for what reason you're taking/doing it - could be for a health reason and it's no one else's business! You could say "I have diabetes (to strangers) or simply that you have really low sugar levels - or just forget everyone else and enjoy your drink!

At the end of the day, it's your life - you've only got one life to live. Live it the way you want!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OMG...you drink water on the first date?

you sloot.............
    It's OK as long as he doesn't wear a white dress at the wedding. He hasn't earned it.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A poem about wanting to die with a post about water drinking in restaurants?

Do what you want. The restaurant is there to service you and your party, not the other way around.
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Just have a coke
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    more beer for me
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Just squirt some in her water, too.

Women love it when you put things in their drinks without asking.

Best comment EVERRRR!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

you sloot.............
    It's OK as long as he doesn't wear a white dress at the wedding. He hasn't earned it.

LOL!

mio gives me a headache
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I think this is probably the least of your issues but have a diet coke or ask for sparkling water with lemon/lime. Will seem less odd than pulling out mio and sweetener
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Drink enough beer and then you won't care what people think about what you put in your water?
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Don't ask for the water 3/4 full, just get a full glass and muster through the first 1/4. Bring your own sweet and low packets. Maybe that will help a bit so you don't feel embarrassed with the wait staff? Don't order wine if you don't want it.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    Lol. Wut.

^ I'll have whatever drugs the OP is on.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    honestly. You people are obsessed with sugary tasting things.

Even if you don't like water, Mio AND Sweet and Low. For real? Mio is sweet all on its own. I am surprised!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    This has got to be a troll post.

Mio makes me gag, personally. There is so much dye in that **** it stained my hands for weeks. And you want to drink it? And freak out when people think differently of you? And don't get me started on a sweet and low packet in water.

Order the damn beer or wine, it's not going to hurt you. Just don't do it everyday. Or order a spritzer.

Just so you know - I have wine weekly and still lose. So having it out with your friends will not ruin all your hard work, unless you are drinking it every night.
  • Lovelyloralee
    Lovelyloralee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In some parts of the US, tap water is truly nasty. Where I live, it smells and is technically safe to drink but it tastes horrible. I either buy bottled water in the restaurant or drink fresh brewed unsweetened ice tea with lemon. The waitress was probably more upset about your free water not adding to her check / tip than anything else.
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options

you sloot.............

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Just tell he your a recovering alcoholic.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Please don't make poor man's lemonade with lemons and sugar/sweetener packets. Not if you want a second date anyway. From the other side of the fence, I don't like when people do this, as it usually wastes every packet in the caddy and makes the table a mess.

I am indifferent to people who use mio type additives, both as a waitress or as a date companion. It's a bit much that you need the mio AND a sugar packet, though. At that point you might as well order a diet coke or something since you're almost there on the chemical level. Do you like iced tea? It's mostly water, has some taste and a couple splenda packets in there is good.

I'm confused by your suicidal poem there, but if water is such an obstacle for you maybe just leave it and try different ways to get some water in. Fruit has water. Celery has water. What you're doing to your water now is pretty much negating any benefits it had anyway. Good luck to you.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    As a former server, I'd be a little peeved if you required me to bring out extra stuff and have special requests for a drink you brought in yourself. Most restaurants have rules for No Outside Food, so the waitstaff sort of has a right to give you the stink eye.