Anyone feel weak after losing a chunk?

Options
257_Lag
257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
To anyone that has been doing this awhile; we all know that weight loss isn't linear. My first 6 weeks were relatively steady at 1.5 per week. Then in April I lost but not nearly as much as before but in the last two weeks I lost a huge amount. Somewhere around 8 pounds. I didn't change anything to make this happen, that's just how it goes. I eat 2090 a day and am always very close to this number.

But in the last week I have felt very hungry (for the first time since I started) and relatively weak.

Has anyone else noticed this when you lose a chunk quickly like that?

Thanks

Replies

• 257_Lag
    Options
    Just me
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    The loss of weight itself shouldn't make you feel hungry and weak, but undereating often does. Are you sure you're eating enough? Is 2090 net calories or gross? I averaged 2055 (gross) in the past week, and I'm considerably smaller than you are.
  • KtotheD78
    KtotheD78 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I only feel weak if I don't eat enough calories for the exercise I do.
    I do feel colder though! *lol* :)
  • 257_Lag
    Options
    The loss of weight itself shouldn't make you feel hungry and weak, but undereating often does. Are you sure you're eating enough? Is 2090 net calories or gross? I averaged 2055 (gross) in the past week, and I'm considerably smaller than you are.

2090 is net and was my TDEE-20 @ 240 pounds. I am 236 today and when I hit 235 I will recalculate.

I am rarely under. I strive to eat very close to my number.

235 will be a 20 pound loss total. I have been thinking about taking a 2 week maintenance break and eat at 2600. I have only been feeling week in the last week or so when I had this huge loss.
  • mammakat0830
    mammakat0830 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I only feel weak if I don't eat enough calories for the exercise I do.
    I do feel colder though! *lol* :)

I feel way colder too, especially my hands. I wonder why?