Lunch & Snack Ideas? Easy to pack for work

Options
MelissaHopeG
MelissaHopeG Posts: 56 Member
Wondering if anyone has any suggestions of easy items to pack for lunch, as well as healthy snacks to eat throughout the day.

THANKS!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    i dunno, like, everything?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    uh.....like. . . .cheese? Apples? Nuts?
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hummus and Veggie sticks, pesto and chilli dip with plain tortilla chips, Pineapple and mango pieces with a little Vanilla flavour greek yoghurt, skinny muffin...
  • sassyswede
    sassyswede Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work in outside sales I pack a cooler everyday for lunch and 2 snacks keeps me out of convenient items and splurge fast food
    sliced apples with peanut butter
    sliced oranges
    peanut butter crackers
    lite protein shakes (100 cal ones)
    Celery & peanut butter
    snack bags with proportioned nuts like almonds
    any fresh fruit
    any veggies
    P B & J on flatbread
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Hummus and Veggies
    Greek Yogurt mixed with all natural nut butter and apple slices
    Cottage Cheese and fruit
    Fruit of any kind
    Mixed Nuts
    Granola Bars (you can find natural ones that don't have as much sugar)
    Baked Chips, Rice Crackers

Just a few of the snacks I have on a daily basis :)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I work in outside sales I pack a cooler everyday for lunch and 2 snacks keeps me out of convenient items and splurge fast food
    sliced apples with peanut butter
    sliced oranges
    peanut butter crackers
    lite protein shakes (100 cal ones)
    Celery & peanut butter
    snack bags with proportioned nuts like almonds
    any fresh fruit
    any veggies
    P B & J on flatbread

I travel all day long and this is about how my days look. I don't have time to have a meal, so I snack between stores.
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For my salty jones... I love almonds! I buy the "Wonderful" brand at Sam's Club, roasted and salted. When I want something sweet.... I am really into making a dip out of 2 T of Maranthana almond butter and 2 oz of plain fat-free Chobani Greek yogurt and eating with apple slices. I am also one of those freaks that likes celery sticks... HA! I stuff it with everything and anything: almond butter (can you see a theme here?), egg salad made with soy-free mayo, or even just a little spritz of oil and vinegar spray dressing. Another good one for a little protein burst is Boar's Head turkey (Boar's Head has fewer preservatives) with some fun mustard, then rolled up. I probably have five different flavored mustards in my fridge, in addition to the good ol' yellow. SPICY mustard is my favorite.
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    I recently "baked" a bunch of potatoes in the crockpot and have been bringing one to work for my lunch. I have some cucumbers, cheese, a hard boiled egg with it. Also, yogurt, string cheese, dried soup mix make great snacks at work.
  • Mercedespony
    Mercedespony Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    asparagus is in season up here -- I just found an asparagus & chick pea salad that looks delish! Making it for my lunch tomorrow.
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    Special K chocolate/pretzel bar, Nature Valley granola thins, almonds, apples, wheat thins......and so on....yogurt. A wrap....tortilla, spinach/arugula, tuna w/ a bit of mayo.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    dried fruit
    trail mix
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    This question has come previously

Maybe this thread can be of help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/936182-tell-me-about-your-lunch-what-do-you-usually-pack?hl=Lunch+pack&page=1#posts-14239849

Good luck in your journey
  • lynnG67
    lynnG67 Posts: 11
    Options
    Air popped popcorn. Or you can make popcorn in the microwave by using a brown lunch bag. Put in 1/3 cup kernels. fold the bag down. Place in microwave and set on popcorn setting. When finished season with Molly Mcbutter. When cool. Put in a zip lock bag.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Tuna (lettuce wraps or low carb tortilla) with vegies and feta cheese
    Plain Greek yogurt with side of strawberries or blueberries
    flax meal cinnamon muffins

Or check out
    LINDA'S LOW CARB MENUS & RECIPES
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • GrendlStig
    GrendlStig Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Amazeballs! No, really - homemade protein balls...that are truly amazing. Here's a link with nutrition facts included :http://fitnessista.com/2011/01/ballz-for-all
    Cut up some fresh veggies and an apple and put it in plastic container with a protein ball. Don't forget your water. There's your lunch - or snack(s).
    I'm also a big fan of avocado and/or hummus wraps - spread 1 - 2TBS of either or both on your high protein/low-carb flatbread or tortilla and fill to bursting with cut up veggies (peppers, jalapeños, tomato, cabbage, spinach, onion, etc..) Add some fresh herbs like basil, cilantro or parsley for some oomph. Very filling, and it takes most of your lunch break to chew all that.
  • johannaqv
    johannaqv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i usually
    toast wheat bread and put a bit of pb sometimes jelly
    Granola bars
    Oranges
    Grapes
    Cookie thin crisps
    Light yogurt
    Cheese cubes

I cant eat a lot of fruit that i would bc of allergies but if i mix and match im pretty content lol... I hope that helped :)