Ashamed!

Options
I have had a profile on here for over a year, I haven't got a single friend because I was ashamed to show how lazy I was and the little progress I have made. I have gained 40 lbs since Nov. 2012. That's when my profile pic was taking. I know that may not seem like alot to someone who is wanting to lose 50+ but to me it is alot because I have always been skinny. I was depressed at the time so I use food to make me happy, that it did!

I decided in April that I would lose the 40lbs. So I started working out and counting calories. It's june now and I am seeing a difference. But I still have days when I eat nothing but junk, which makes me feel horrible and I eat more than and more. Till I find the strength to say "No" to the ice cream, cupcakes and cookies.. It's hard but I am trying!

Replies

• GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's hard at first. Once you get used to logging and REALLY watching what you put in your mouth it will amaze you!!

The amount of sodium and carbs I was taken in was REDICULOUS!!! In my first month I lost 40lbs.. pure water!!
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've found that as I make progress it becomes easier to be committed as you don't want to undo your hard work. That's not to say there aren't setbacks and days when anything with sugar is my best friend. Or deep fried. lol

I'll go through plateaus where I'm not as careful, and then I'll lose a bunch and recommit. The nice thing is my bad days are getting farther apart. You can do it, but it's not going to be easy. If you would like some support from someone who follows a science based approach, without the fads and the foolishness, you can send me a friend request.
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Its hard in the beginning but as you continue, it gets easier. Feel free to add me for support! :)
  • priyasonty
    priyasonty Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I just got back on the wagon, too. My only friends were my sorority sisters because I didn't want people knowing about how terribly I was doing, but today was the day I decided that wasn't going to cut it any longer. This is a great support network!
  • JNVINSON
    JNVINSON Posts: 5
    Options
    I most def understand. I have always been a little on the fluffy, but my body was nicely portioned. I went from 150-190 (5’7) over that past 4 years and looking to lose 40 pounds hopefully by next year. I have those days when all I want to eat is my comfort food and watch movies lol than feel guilty about what I ate. Maybe we can help encourage each other
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    but you've lost a stone so that's fantastic and something to be proud of.

We all have off days. I'm doing the 5:2 plan and I've been really good but I had a low calorie day yesterday and today I've eaten a load of rubbish.
  • DatsDonna
    DatsDonna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Some of the best time and money I've spent were on the the services of a licensed nutritionist. She sat down with me and worked out a diet where I would lose weight and could still have occasional enjoyment of the foods I truly love. Keep on keeping on. My children are definitely a motivation and inspiration for me. Leave the past in the past, if your goal is still weight loss, it's what you

THINK
    DECIDE
    DO

TODAY that really counts here. Forgive yourself, find a good nutritionist (the best are affiliated with local hospitals) and let them help you work out a realistic eating plan....Find an exercise class for your fitness level to enjoy. The camraderie might very well get you feeling good about things again and pull you out of your slump. Blessings and Good luck.
  • Teshia87
    Teshia87 Posts: 3
    Options
    I never knew I would have so much support on here! I was tempted to delete that post but now I am happy I didn't!! Thanks for the new friend request!
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself... you are here and as others have said...there are easier days and some hard days.. but the fact you are here is a positive sign... we all in this together.... welcome!!!
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Time to get moving! LETS GO!

Add me if you like......as well as anyone else here.

LETS GOOOOOOOO!
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also made an account here over a year ago! I had everything completely private because I've always been embarrassed about talking about dieting and exercise. I even hide that I'm doing it now from my super fit parents because I don't want to tell them until I've proven to myself I can be consistent with it!! As a result I lost interest in the site itself and never logged on after my first few days. Now as of this past weekend I'm back and I need to commit to logging in every day.
    Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other :)
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Heck , I gained it ALL back! I'm back on, clinging to MFP like it's the last thing on Earth! I totally get it! Feel free to add me.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I too have been at MFP since June 2011...Yes I have lost some weight, which is fantastic but I struggle today almost as much as when I first started using MFP. One day will be fantastic, then the next a bust !... I have learned quite a lot about myself and my eating habits using this site... I refuse to quit !...I want this more than you could imagine...or can you...I think you know exactly where I'm coming from... We all have that same desire...To be healthy and happy in our skin...To gain control over the beast that keeps us form achieving our goals....I Say...Keep on keeping on...We will get there !!!...And along the way we may meet a few new friends who are truly amazing women that provide the motivation and the inspiration that keep us reaching for our goals !...Don't give up!!!....We are worth it ! :)))...Add me if you like :))
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The support on here has helped me through so many parts of this journey. Feel free to add me if you want to get/give support. I guess the advise I would give you is that we all have something about ourselves that we want to change. Surround yourself with a good support team and cheer each other on. I have grown close to most of my 'family' on here~ however I do delete the ones who do not cheer me back. You can do it ! You are already taking a step in the right direction with your post. Look at all the support =)

Good Luck to you !