Frustrated...Sad....Lost!

Options
Hello, I have been doing MFP app and tracking for about a month and not losing like I prefer. I am 5' 9" and sitting at 219 :`(... want to lose at least 50lbs. I have 3 young boys whom all just had bdays turning 7, 3 & 1. I am new to the community part of this and have 1 friend. Looking for support, encouragement, and inspiration....I PROMISE I can return the favor...I am just at a low point and could use someone to throw me a line. Look forward to meeting some new friends!

Replies

• ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    HI there!!

You havent been at it very long and it does take time..We tend to want results yesterday. I know i did. Welcome to MFP. You will find it very helpful and please feel free to add me if you like. We can support and encourage each other along the way.. I am just a few pounds short of my goal now ( been at it a year) but it will always be a daily struggle to keep it off.

As long as you are dedicated and stick with it, it will happen.

Ladyark
  • diannecampbelll2
    diannecampbelll2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 weeks in. Add me!
  • Fit4Me1st
    Fit4Me1st Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awww thank you ladies :) I will!
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

You can do it. Unfortunately it takes time. Try to be patient and you will see results. Feel free to add me if you would like.

Best of luck!!!
  • ForABetterMe89
    Options
    Sending you a request. I've been here once before, this time since late February. I'm actually succeeding this time and I account it to having a great friend list.
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    I can understand wanting faster results and getting frustrated but every little bit I can lose is one step closer to my goal of losing 25 lbs. by October. Next year at this time I hope to be 40lbs lighter. Just set little goals for yourself and after you succeed with each one of those you will feel good. I have been walking about 1.5 miles each day and my goal this week was to do my 2.5 mile walk which includes a huge hill and today I did it!!!! You can do it and if you want support you certainly have mine. Feel free to add me!!! Keep up the good work!!!!
  • rochellewilson70
    Options
    My loss has been slow too! Looks like we are starting from a similar place. Feel free to add me and we can encourage each other. :)
  • dooplegoon
    dooplegoon Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm new too.

I was always discouraged with weight loss because I'm impatient. And they say that you shouldn't lose weight too fast or you will gain it back. But I stumbled across an article in the New England Journal of Medicine from January of this year that talked about weight loss myths. They say they found no statistical difference in keeping weight off long term from groups who lost it quickly versus groups who lost it slowly. I found some inspiration there. And I set myself some more aggressive goals. So far it is helping me stay motivated.
  • epie2098
    epie2098 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", have lost 80 lbs (highest ever recorded was 245, but could easily be higher), and am around my own son and my exceptional group of (special needs) teenagers all day. Feel free to add me.

Whether or not you choose to add me, I just want to pass on the friendly advice to take it slowly and do what works for you. Part of the journey is figuring out which plan is the right one for you, and which foods make you feel good and which ones inflame or make your energy drop.

Hugs. You got this.
  • Beautiful_Day
    Beautiful_Day Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me.

Don't be sad, as long as you keep working towards your goal it will happen :)
  • mountaingirl2207
    Options
    I am just an inch taller than you, and almost to my goal... I would be happy to be your cheerleader and help you out along the way!
  • imondrugz
    imondrugz Posts: 154
    Options
    Cheer up pumpkin, we gotta start somewhere :D !
  • AlexisJ330
    AlexisJ330 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    you can always add me as a friend. I check in almost everyday.
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    feel free to add :smile:
  • dynamicpoetry
    Options
    Keep working at it! If you're not getting the results you want, try checking out your balance between fats, carbs and protein...but more than anything just keep working! Our bodies are fickle...sometimes they will respond and other times, with the same effort, we'll see little if any improvement. you're worth the effort!
  • TurquoisWater
    TurquoisWater Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Stay motivated. I was recently reading a board where people were discussing the whole "no more than 2lb" a week. I'm not going to get into my opinion on that here, but there was a picture on that board that really helped me out. It was of a pound of human fat (I think it was pudding....in the picture), but that one pound was really big and gross. It made me think that I'd be lucky to get that much off of me in a week. I'm still working towards losing as much as possible with a change in diet, but no real dieting.

Have you started exercising? Diet is 80%, but the body adjusts quickly. Change up your diet and exercise routine as much as possible.

Do strength training. Especially for the bigger muscles (legs). If your muscles are stronger and bigger they require more energy (calories) to work so you will be burning more even when you're not exercising.

Add me if you'd like, I would love to motivate others and remain motivated myself.

Best of luck,

A
  • NikkiP33
    NikkiP33 Posts: 17
    Options
    Its gonna take time and consistency.. Keep pushing even when you don't want to. I have been using pinterest for motivation quotes. Feel free to add me in. One step at a time is what is takes.
  • jem302
    jem302 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Added. I'm just starting out on this site as well, today is my first time ever posting on boards! I think a positive attitude is very important although this whole process can be so frustrating :( Keep at it!
  • michelecaples
    Options
    Keep chipping away at it little by little. Positive changes will start showing up! There is some great support on here and we are all trying to be the healthiest we can be! So glad to meet you!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, but it is worth the effort and wait. Keep plugging, read and learn. Ask questions and don't be afraid to go backwards, it happens, don't give up. Add me if you like.