Fasting...

Options
Ok so I was really close to reaching my goal and then I got great news and ended up celebrating and then that has led to two days binge eating after work..... I am up 5 lbs now..... So I am thinking of trying to fast one day or only eat 1/5 of my normal calories and then eat normal the next day then "fast" after that. Anyone have any success with fasting or any advice in general?

thanks!!

Replies

• mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    eat one meal for the day...it works.....sometimes when i have a bad day....I eat one meal at about 5 pm...with a total of 700-900 cals and thats it for the day...the following morning I wake up shredded
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok so I was really close to reaching my goal and then I got great news and ended up celebrating and then that has led to two days binge eating after work..... I am up 5 lbs now..... So I am thinking of trying to fast one day or only eat 1/5 of my normal calories and then eat normal the next day then "fast" after that. Anyone have any success with fasting or any advice in general?

thanks!!

It's water weight. Just take it easy, go back to your usual better habits and it will come back off.
  • sylo1609
    sylo1609 Posts: 36
    Options
    Don't worry, you didn't put on 5 "real" pounds, most of it is just water and glycogen.
    If you decide to "fast" as described, you'll probably lose them within a week or so, go for it! :)
  • FedoraNinja
    Options
    *Planned* Intermittent Fasting is arguably a fairly safe and effective way for people to lose health.

Fasting in response to unplanned binging sounds like an unhealthy emotional response, and seems likely to lead to a cycle of binging and starving.

I know it's really frustrating to slip up so close to your goals, but you have to look further forward. Is this how you want to maintain your weight? Is this something you'll be able to do long-term?

I don't know you, so I can't answer those questions for you. But you shouldn't let slip-ups drive you to rash decisions.

Good luck.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options

thanks!!

It's water weight. Just take it easy, go back to your usual better habits and it will come back off.

Seriously. It's not that drastic.
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I do the 5:2 fasting diet when I need to get my body fat back down.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    *Planned* Intermittent Fasting is arguably a fairly safe and effective way for people to lose health.

Fasting in response to unplanned binging sounds like an unhealthy emotional response, and seems likely to lead to a cycle of binging and starving.

I know it's really frustrating to slip up so close to your goals, but you have to look further forward. Is this how you want to maintain your weight? Is this something you'll be able to do long-term?

I don't know you, so I can't answer those questions for you. But you shouldn't let slip-ups drive you to rash decisions.

Good luck.

Agree!