Question about Fiber

Options
weehah
weehah Posts: 81 Member
Yes, yes, I know, calories in, calories out. But all calories are not created equal, so let me just throw this out there. I'm curious about whether you find that your weight comes off more easily when you are eating a high-fiber diet (greens, fruits, shredded wheat, etc.).

No lectures, please. Just honest responses about *your* experience, which may not be the same for everyone. : )

Thanks!

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Fiber and protein help me feel full longer on less calories.

Fiber and water help my insides avoid discomfort.

I don't know if it directly helps with weight loss, but it does make for a more comfortable experience while trying to cut calories, because it takes up space.
  • weehah
    weehah Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What a lovely first response! Thank you.
  • dianepilch
    dianepilch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My start for 'dieting' was about my increased cholesterol (from normal to high in 18 months), doctor advised increasing fiber and decreasing saturated fats. It's been about 2 months and I've lost 9 lbs. without too much trouble.

With relatively little effort, I've returned to the weight I was before having children (18 years ago!!).

Fiber is good = - )
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think it does-- it keeps the metabolism moving which in turn helps me lose weight!. Calories in need to come out!! :bigsmile:
  • foodfastfit
    foodfastfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm on the slow-carb diet. I only get carbs from beans and beans have a lot of fiber! It's been working great for me!
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've managed to drop a little bit if weight in the past few days and that's the only thing i can think i done differently, i got a damn good deal on some south beach fiber bars, and i have made a effort to eat Atleast one a day for the past few days and i don't have the "busted can of biscuit" feeling going on. If it is that, i will know at the end of the week
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Dietary fiber isn't just important because it helps with satiety. It's only a big factor in your cholesterol (and other bodily functions). So make fiber a priority along with protein and CICO.