new to the board.. looking for friends!

Options
Hi y'all! I am a 27 year old mama to a wonderful 6 year old and wife to an amazing army man. In the military, they are all about fitness and I want to be able to be active with my two great guys. I currently do not work but I am a full time student working towards my bachelors degree in Business Information Systems. I love computers and working with them.

I have struggled with weight since a teen. It is affecting my health, way of life, and those that I love. I am ready to get healthy and be more active. I feel I am in a catch 22 as I don't exercise because of how out of shape I am and I am out of shape because of not exercising and unhealthy eating habits.

I look forward to making new friends and having an awesome support group here so we can encourage each other to lose the weight and be healthy!

Amber

Replies

• claud10
    claud10 Posts: 9
    Options
    hi im also new!! good luck with everything:D
  • zachswifey
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!:smile:
  • Angiepackmom4
    Options
    Welcome. You are going to do great on this program! It really works if you follow it. Add me as your friend if you would like. I love encouraging people and just knowing other people are in the same weight loss journey as I am on MFP makes it so fun and it is so encouraging.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    WELCOME ABOARD:happy:
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Welcome.........this web site is a great tool and the people here are a great support! Add me and we can help support each other. PS I am a mother of 4 who has lost 70lbs but some more to go. :smile:
  • gmgrant
    gmgrant Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new to this too, but i wanted to share something I learned about being so body conscious. I am also in the military and I had a baby after 40. I worked out rigorously, but six months later i still had half the fat around my middle. I had to do my fitness test around that time, I stood in the back and watched those young skinny girls size me up, I could see they thought they could easily beat me running across the line. I can't tell you how wonder ful it felt to cross that line before them and then over hear one say " I can't believe she beat me'. I was fat but fit. To me it was better than being a size 3. Get strong, stay strong and good luck to you.
  • getmylifeback
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this to. I have to say the support on here is awesome. Please feel free to add me as a friend as well. Good luck!