One Year MFP and Weights, 0lbs Lost (pic)

Options
I have been lifting heavy for a year now, starting last May (22). I didn’t join up MFP until June 8th, when I decided to use it to track my calories and macros. I thought I would “celebrate” my one year anniversary to lifting and MFP by adding an update to the Success Story Forum – even though I am still a work in progress.

The Quick and Dirty: Skinny (super skinny – ate like a horse but was really active) all through H.S., joined military reserves in college and got “toned”, graduated college and had physical job in construction. Stayed “toned”. Continued to eat like a horse. Got another job – very active during training, ate like a horse and got even more “toned”. Never thought twice about weight/exercise/food. Got sedentary, stopped working out, continued to eat like a horse. Gained 20lbs.

Freaked out, ate 1200 calories, did a lot of cardio, got cranky and fed up, quit. Rinse. Repeat a couple more times, through in some Weight Watchers. Lost 10lbs but didn’t like the way I looked. Picked up something heavy, put it back down. Fell in love with said heavy things. Picked them up and put them down a lot. Did that for a year. Watched what I ate (watched it go in my mouth, lol).

So, while the scale says that I have not lost any weight since I joined MFP about a year ago; I am ok with it. I know I complain to my friends on here that the scale doesn’t go down – ever, but that really shouldn’t matter. It takes a while to train yourself to stop focusing on such an arbitrary number and focus on the important things: health, fitness, happiness, etc.
I currently do full body strength training three times a week, cardio three times a week (or more if I am feeling frisky), usually brisk walks, sometimes a jog, and yoga a couple weeks.

My main goals are to deadlift two times my body weight, squat one and a half times my body weight, and bench and overhead press three quarter my body weight. My secondary goals are to run a sub-30 minute 5k and pump out some pull-ups and my tertiary goal is to wear a bikini and not feel self-conscious.

Thanks to all my MFPals that listen to me blabber about weights and food all day long! You guys are the best!

cc5083ca-68bd-4ceb-bd6d-78ac4aedd43c_zps9ee8437d.jpg

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is overrated.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing!
  • efg311
    efg311 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time deciding if I like your abs or your delts more. Can I have both please? :blushing:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I am happy to listen to you all day long :heart:

You look fantastic and your progress is remarkable.....even though the scale is a nasty bish!

I can't wait to see what BB does for you during this next chapter!

Great work you sexy b!tch :wink:
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, can I ask did you drop inches? You didn't really have any to drop from your before pictures but I'm always curious.
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, can I ask did you drop inches? You didn't really have any to drop from your before pictures but I'm always curious.

I didn't really drop inches either...maybe like a half inch around the hips and a smidgen in the calves. If anything I have gained inches in a couple areas, but feel like the composition has changed for the better. In my case, the scale is the devil and tape measures don't even show me adequate progress.

If I just weighed and measured, I would have long ago quit.

Take progress pics!
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD.

You look AWESOME.
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I like your abs the best you crazy sexy beyotch! You can blabber all day long cause you listen to the rest of us!
  • whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad you posted this!! I have seen these photos before, but not so big! I knew you had really had success with recomp, but these photos show it more than I even realized! I love you, your smoking hot body, your goals, your attitude, your blabbering on and your success story!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile: CONGRATS! Can't wait to watch you meet all your goals!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! I've gained since lifting regularly, so I really appreciate these success stories to keep me going!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I love you now more than ever! You look absolutely beautiful!! Well done.
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Awesome results. You look fabulous!
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    nice and toned. Well done
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So happy to have you as a MFP pal. You are such a rockstar and your body shows it girl!!! Keep it up!
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Your body is more toned up! Great work :)
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    She's my friend...I bask in her awesomeness:love::flowerforyou:
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Have I told u I love you lately?? yeah I have but Im saying it again... YOU LOOK AMAZING!! and are one of my inspirations!!
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    you look great!

i like to pick heavy things up and put them down as well :) feel free to add for support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!