HELP! Cramping when running!

Options
What causes it? I cramp easily when running long distances (and even short distances outdoors) and I'm wondering what causes it? Someone once told me its from you're lungs expanding and touching your rib cage so they have to get worke out enough to not cramp anymore or something like that. But I've been working out for months and still cramp.
The person then suggested that maybe my robs are really high or something?
Idk but I do know y ribs hurt me a lot when I'm laying down in a weird position ad then go to get up quickly, they almost feel like they're going to poke through me!!!
So I'm jut wondering is it possible for me to be more prone to cramping e cause of my body shape?

A little about my body shape: I'm a pretty curvy girl with a really tiny waist and medium bones

Replies

• Stalionlegs
    Options
    Happens to everyone just dont drink to much water before running and after running a while your ribs naturally hurt and abdominal pain i dont know the answer to that really but i recomend resting instead of forcing your self to keep running thats what happend to me
  • ATPstrong
    ATPstrong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has much to do with your physical anatomy.. In my experience it has been due to fluid problems or electrolyte imbalances. Try playing around with your water intake before/during/after exercise and keep track of your sodium intake. High sodium is no good, but low sodium can also be troublesome!! :)
    Most importantly, try to keep your breathing slow and controlled when the cramps come on