Not eating enough but full...

egates1984
egates1984 Posts: 33 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I am finding it super hard to hit my calories. I get enough protein and fiber and I don't go over on anything but I am always under on my calories!! Sometimes I'll drink 2 glasses of wine just to hit 1200. Anyone have any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong?

Replies

• rebel14
    rebel14 Posts: 33
    Strange but true, your not doing anything wrong . Thats the beauty of this, it makes you aware and accountable of what you eat and the value of the food (nutritional info). Ive been doing this for almost 2 full weeks and have never hit my calorie allowance for the day because Im eating more healthy food. In turn I get fuller and have no hunger pangs, the food choices Ive made make a big difference, and Im not just talking eating salads every other meal. Your doing fine !!! As you fine tune your personal eating plan youll find a healthier balance of choices and calories. Stay the course and urge yourself to adhere to your calorie index 1200 to1400, youll see that your on the right path.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    cut the wine out.. And start drinking milk, eating nuts, avacado, trail mix, granola, peanut butter.. All of these food pack a lot of nutrients and cals in just a lil bit.. If you are still having trouble then start buying full-calorie foods instead of light or reduced fat.. It will up your cals a lil bit!

Good lucky hunny!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I agree with rebel14, I don't see anything crazy odd going on. lol Today looks good, I flipped through a couple days and saw one day where it looks like you had an a.m meal and then dinner? If you don't fit in a regular meal, for a snack to make sure you get your cals up there, might try a PB sandwich and some milk. Handful of raw almonds, a few slices of avocado, ya know denser cal food.

It helps when you preplan your days out so you know how to spread out the cals. A glass of wine is fine but you shouldn't have to feel you need to drink one or two to get enough cals in for the day!:laugh:

Keep doing what you're doing and like rebel14 shared, just try and stay in that range and you'll be good to go. Zigzagging cal days is a never a bad thing, just don't want to go under 1200 if you can help it, that's just simply too low for any of us.

Good luck:flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 9,964 Member
    I am finding it super hard to hit my calories. I get enough protein and fiber and I don't go over on anything but I am always under on my calories!! Sometimes I'll drink 2 glasses of wine just to hit 1200. Anyone have any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong?

What's the problem??? You drink wine!!!
  • egates1984
    egates1984 Posts: 33 Member
    Hmmm, perhaps switching to a fuller fat might help. And adding more peanut butter and avacodo sounds good. Thank you all!!! I am trying to cut out the wine during the week at least also so this will help.

(I know in my food diary it goes from AM snack to dinner. We eat our bigger meal at lunch since my husband works nights. So we call lunch dinner and dinner supper....)
  • hplvt
    hplvt Posts: 62
    great post! I was having the same issues. Today I went out to Target to pick up some 100 calorie packs and veggies- that helped me a lot. It's so weird I have been trying to starve myself for months that eating healthier when hungry feels like cheating! It really does seem to be working though!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    great post! I was having the same issues. Today I went out to Target to pick up some 100 calorie packs and veggies- that helped me a lot. It's so weird I have been trying to starve myself for months that eating healthier when hungry feels like cheating! It really does seem to be working though!
    Isn't that crazy! We all do that then find out it's ok to eat food and not starve ourselves, which works far better btw. LOL
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Hmmm, perhaps switching to a fuller fat might help. And adding more peanut butter and avacodo sounds good. Thank you all!!! I am trying to cut out the wine during the week at least also so this will help.

(I know in my food diary it goes from AM snack to dinner. We eat our bigger meal at lunch since my husband works nights. So we call lunch dinner and dinner supper....)
    ohhhhhhhhhh Makes perfect sense on a scedule like that:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.