HELP! - Weight Loss Plateau

Options
I have been dieting and exercising for little over two monts now.
i have managed to lose 20lbs (halfway) and have been stuck at this weight
for about 3 weeks now. WHY? Im doing everything im supposed to, given on the
weekends i dont keep as high a calorie deficit as usual. I enjoy my craft beers too much.
But since dieting, I have yet to be in a negative deficit. I usually maintain a -1000 deficit in order to support a
2-3lb weight loss per week or more diet. I usually exercise everyday. My diary is open if anyone wants to take a
gander.

SOMEONE HELP ME BREAK THIS

Replies

• ATPstrong
    ATPstrong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    As you approach your weight loss goals and target weights, it is going to get more and more difficult to lose the weight.
    Your workouts are really going to have to change to reflect your progress.
    For plateau breakthrough, my recommendations are to switch up your workouts. If you were doing 5 days of weightlifting per week, switch it to 4 more intense sessions, or up it to 6 sessions. Change up your cardio and make sure to incorporate sprinting (either running, cycling, rowing) into your workouts. 8 minutes of sprinting is metabolically equivalent to 30+ minutes of steady state cardio, and can even build more lean mass.
    As well, make sure that your diet is also reflective of your physical changes. You will need to increase calories slightly and make sure that your protein intake is adequate! :)
  • tonymartin815
    tonymartin815 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Okay cool. I didnt know that sprinting was like that. Definitely going to turn one of my cardio days into sprints, and add in a row to my weightlifting days.

thanks for the input!